You can type here any text you want

Quicker E.T. with Weld Wheels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87NAT

In Between GN's
I bought some draglites from a member here on the boards just to go to the track. I have some 16" GTA wheels now with 26" tall tires. I wanted the lighter weight and 28" tall tires. (Just waiting on M/T for the 275/60's:mad: )

Do you think I will pick up any E.T. going from the GTA's to the Welds. I will have skinnys up front also. I heard of a guy back in high school in 1990 who put some welds on his 69 Firebird and picked up a tenth and a half. What do you guys think?

Typically, 100 lbs is good for a tenth. Weigh the GTA's/tires and weigh the Draglites/tires and see how much you lose - it will be significant. Going to a front "skinny" and a taller 28" rear tire alone will pick up MPH due to less rolling resistence. Everybody should have a set of street wheels/tires and a set of track wheels/tires IMO.

GTA's are very light (17-19 lbs). Depending on tires, I doubt you'll lose more than 20lbs total, Wheels AND tires.

You will pick up more from switching to a 28" tire than from the negligible weight loss.

I swapped out Heavy front wheels and tires (30 lbs less than a pair of gta's & tires) with skinny welds and front runners (about 15lbs less than a pair of GTA's so a total weight savings of about 45 lbs) and I picked up about .6 mph (117.7 to 118.3) and dropped about .10 seconds (11.5's from 11.6's)

im sure you will pick up something. rotating weight is the best weigth to remove.

Back