You can type here any text you want

Quit your day job, sell Regal Roof Rail Stripping instead

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Morbid

I can't believe that to get both sides of the Roof Rail Weather Strips (NOS) is a few pennies shy of $400 smackers.:eek: :eek:

Mine old ones are ripped in the upper rear corners but they may have to go back in. They aren't being made anymore so it's qouging pure and simple.

I called Old Buick Parts down in NJ today and while they sell a lot of NOS stuff for Nationals/Regals whatever old GM car you got they have a set of Roof Rails for $79.99 that are made by someone else.

I specifically asked if they were Soft Seal and he said no, some company that has the same mold GM did when they were making them.

So I guess I'm going that route. He said they haven't had any complaints yet about the fitting and seal.

The pair I have now are NOS that I got from the local Dealership new in 1998 for $138.00 a side and they started cracking in the corner by the lock pillar 2 or 3 years after I got them.

I love NOS as much as anyone else but these parts are aging like fine wine and costing about the same per bottle.

Has anyone had experiance with these GM strips from Summit? I need them too.....are they an exact fit or a universal fit?

I don't have any experience with the Roof Rail Weatherstrip from Soft Seal but I have a Brand new Set for the Doors that I've been meaning to put on.

I emailed them and they told me their products are exact replica's. I was wondering where the plastic thingy was that's on the doors now.

a&m soft seal

metra molded parts

buick

steel rubber products

these are companies that make weatherstripping for these cars

Okay well I ordered some Metro Roof Rail Seals from Old Buick Parts which arrived today so I test fitted on side. Sucks. Window doesn't seat or align properly. Seeing as though the Retainers which attach to the drip rail can only go in one way I'm at a loss.

NOS from GMPartsdirect is $185 for one side and $118.00 for the other. Guessing I'll have to send these back and buy one side now and the other later.

MorBid

I see roof rail seals on ebay and also they sell them in kits I just wonder how good they fit? I wll be needing a set myself before summer comes along!

Some have said they have been able to get them to fit and others like myself have not had good luck with them.

Personally I think the original design of they way these doors seal sucked in the first place.

My car will be coming out of the paint shop in a week or so and I too have to buy a set of roof rail seals. I've been wondering the same thing. I WILL NOT pay the stupid prices people are asking for NOS seals so I already purchased the Soft Seal door seals and they seem to fit great. So I guess I will also get the Soft Seal roof rail seals also. I can't believe there isn't more info on here concerning all the different seals on the market today. I would think there have been a lot of people buying the aftermarket seals due to the asking prices for NOS, but not much feedback. :frown: Wish there were more people giving feedback on there experiences with the different aftermarket seals. I mean we're all 'Turbo Regal' brothers..........:wink:

Ken B.

Huh, I have a brand new pair of those Metro Seals for the Doors still in the box and was so discouraged from the roof rails I ordered to OEM ones (which aren't that bad compared to the Roof Rail Seals).

Guess maybe I should try an sell them.

Anywho, from what I've been reading through the threads here and over on Turbobuicks the aftermarket Door Seals seem to work out fine but again it's hit or miss with the Roof Rails.

I don't think there will ever be a definitive answer one way or the other. The people I spoke with over at oldbuickparts where I got mine said they've sold literally 100's of those RR Seals and gotten no complaints about fitments.

To tell you the frank truth NOS when it comes to rubber isn't all what it's cracked up to be, least in my case.

On my Regal both the Drivers Roof Rail Seal and the Dew Sweep for the Door Glass were replaced back in 2000 (I was able to order the stuff from the Dealership back then). Neither lasted more than 4 years before they started cracking.

MoRbiD

Back