You can type here any text you want

r6 gets a shot of my taillights

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn4u2c

Yes Its fast no you can't
I have a friend who purchased a r6 a few months ago he just would not stop talking all this smack about how "no street car was going to ever beat the bike " He know of the gn and has been in it several times.....that is with 93 and 15 lbs, we were at a cook out sat and it came up again!!! well I was ready to end this run of ****...My house was only about 5 min away and I had just put 10 gal of 116 in and tuned it for a track visit that didnot happen friday night ...(got stuck at work) so I let him know that I would run his bike . On the way back to meet him I dialed the boost in at 28 lbs and it was feeling real good.

we hooked up and went to a stretch with a good 1/4 + that is straight, flat, wide, and no traffic!!! we get set up and 2 others drove down to mark the end and witness the event. I brake boosted up to 8lbs and we were waved off I spunn a bit and he lifted the front wheel I got him by a lenght in first I kept it on the floor and pulled another length through 2nd/3rd we flew past the end marker I was going a good 120 .
It all ended very quiet he went back and said good enough for me and the talk was over... ahh some piece and quiet..:cool:

Wow. Thats is great. Did he know you had a strip setup on the car? or was he suspecting your daily driver setup?

he had no idea what was going on... I left it at that:D

Ha! My brother could have told him that! He bought a brand new R6 awhile back. My question was answered before I could get the words out. He grinned "The Buick is faster." Of course, his GN has gone 10.69 @ 129.9.

Damn, I was impressed with the CBR600 kill, but waxing an R6 is just wrong. It SHOULDN'T be possible to kill that bike with a street car, you gotta love the TRs! With a good driver those things should run something ridiculous like 11 flat at 135 mph. 120 hp on a 360 lb bike...and it lost...that is VERY impressive props for your car.

GREAT KILL :D

My brother has a 94 ZX7 that runs 11.50's,and always talks sh*t,but he keeps forgeting that my mods havent even begun yet.He can talk for now,but I know what will happen when I get $2500.00:eek: ;)

Originally posted by gn4u2c
he had no idea what was going on... I left it at that:D

It's a beautiful thing when that happens :D

Originally posted by Weazel
Damn, I was impressed with the CBR600 kill, but waxing an R6 is just wrong. It SHOULDN'T be possible to kill that bike with a street car, you gotta love the TRs! With a good driver those things should run something ridiculous like 11 flat at 135 mph. 120 hp on a 360 lb bike...and it lost...that is VERY impressive props for your car.

I don't think they're that fast. My friend had one a year or so ago and I did a slow but steady pull from him everytime. I thought they trapped ~116mph but maybe I'm wrong. Either way very good kill. I got cocky messing with my friend's R6 and ran into the wrong bike. I have no idea what it was but it said 900 on it and put about 5 cars on me by 80mph.

Back