Race CAS V3 intercooler

The V3 is a dual pass intercooler. It is 2 cores welded together. Not v-1 or V-2 cores. I have all the cores and plans for V-1,V-2 and V-3 from Tony and currently reproduce the V-1. The V-3 is the largest intercooler that you can hang on a G-body. Nice intercooler and a good deal.

How much does the V3 weigh? I have owned a V2 and currently have a V1 and can you that the V1 weighs a LOT more than the V2.
Conrad

okay guys,I have had a large number of PM`s.
I will post pics this weekend and I will go down the line of who was first then so on.
I work 6 days a week so tomorrow afternoon/nite so everyone can see the size and fit of it.
Thanks again
Tony

Here some pics:
IMG]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e390/TwinT66/DSC_0211.jpg[/IMG
DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

We modifyed the inlet on the pass side for clearence.the outlet pointed down so you could not put a bend on it because it hang to low.
We modifyed the inlet for better clearence also.
The car went 8.30`s @161 at 22 psi.
Otto put a tune in it and I have not touched it and that was last year.
This will be the last intercooler you buy.Was and is the best intercooler .
You get just the cooler no pipes due to everybodys setup is different.
Also the price does not include shipping
Tony

Had one of these in My car I think mine was justa hair wider its actually in Avons TSO car now. This thing is the biggest baddest around but you will need a forklift to put it in. weighed about 75# if I remember correctly. Had to take the core support out to fit it in my car tanks were different than this one.

Had one of these in My car I think mine was justa hair wider its actually in Avons TSO car now. This thing is the biggest baddest around but you will need a forklift to put it in. weighed about 75# if I remember correctly. Had to take the core support out to fit it in my car tanks were different than this one.

From one of the conversations that Lonnie and I had about the intercoolers. The V3 is roughly 64 to 68 lbs.

John Martin

Thanks Chris for the shipping weight.
I guess jeff needs to start working out.:D

All PM`s have been answered.

Does one have to take the front end appart to fit this unit in or will it just slide in from the bottom?
I've seen some where the bumper and grill are off to fit the cooler

My bumper and grill are still on the car.
just measure from the front of the radiator support at the bottom 6 1/2 inches then you can see if you have enough room to slide it up.

Tony

Bad as it is, it would be way overkill for my puny motor. I thought my V1 was heavy! Cannot wait to see who gets it.
Conrad

Thanks for the pictures! Cool! (no pun intended).