You can type here any text you want

race chip questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JDSfastGN

I'm trying to figure out what i should get for a race chip. I'm planning on getting a chip from eric at turbotweak, but i had some questions i thought i should get out of the way so i know what to tell him i want. I usually drive my car to the track with as little gas as i can get away with but there are probably 2-3 gallons of 93 left, probably not including the rest that is always in the tank.(i don't want to have to siphon the tank dry either) I use 110, and have 112 available at the track but thats it so i assume the octane gets dropped to 104-105. Should i get a chip for 104 octane or so? I want to have a bit of leeway. What timing would yall recomend for my setup on a 104-105 octane? i recently ran 116.5 mph on 22 psi and and 19* timing on a day where the density altitude was 2000 ft, but I would really like to hit 118-120 when it cools down from 90* and 95% humidity. Thanks for any help or suggestions :cool:

Back