You can type here any text you want

race chips

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

shawnz

How much timing are you running in your race chip.I just bought 57 lb injectors and need a race chip

i use a Joe Lubrant 116 race chip that has 28* in 1-2 and 26* in 3rd. cause he says these cars do not like 28* in 3rd but it works good in 1st and 2nd.

Cody

Really depends on what youre going to do with the rest of your combo. I'd get with whoever is going to burn your chip for you and talk with them about your tuneup and how you plan to race the car. Normally that's what I try to do when I'm burning chips for people.

Good luck.

As was stated, all depends on the total combo.
If for example you're running known good gas (114 or better), no magic mixtures, etc. you should be able to get away with 28° or so.

Mine seems to like 28° thoughout the run. Tried 31° once (by stupid accident) and took a head gasket out. (that was my 11.67 run :eek: )

Thanks to all i finally updated my profile and email.My last race chip was 23 degrees would that be considered conservative!

I would go more aggressive. My street chip (alky) is 25 degrees and then 24 in 3rd.

Originally posted by shawnz
Thanks to all i finally updated my profile and email.My last race chip was 23 degrees would that be considered conservative!

Maybe, maybe not. It really all depends on your combo and how you're racing the car. Ive done race chip for people with 20 degrees of timing at WOT. It all comes down to what you're trying to do with your combination.

True enough..........
I guess every car is a little different.
I was thinking more timing for me due to the fact I was running 30psi with pump/alky and no knock.

How are you ramping timing up in 2nd and then down at third? I know of boost scalars in the chip that allow you to bleed boost but during WOT @ 255 with RPM's @ 4800+ your locked into that timing table irregardless of what gear your in. I've seen timing reduced with a controller box that is manually rigged to the ECM to advance timing but never seen it burnt into a generic aftermarket chip? Is there a patch for a .bin file out there that allows you to reduce/advance timing in high gear, under WOT, using T6Tuner or Hexidecimal code?

Mike Banas
87GN

well 28* helps a little for 1-2nd and buicks do not like 28* in third for some reason,don't ask me why but that's what everyone tells me.

Cody

Eric@turbotweak.com set up my last race chips with less timing in 3rd gear

3rd gear is where you load the motor the most and for the longest period of time ... a little less timing helps stay out of knock ;)

not to mention most cars get some boost creep in high gear

Shoot Eric a call or email and tell him you need an alky chip. He and I did mucho R&D using alky/pump gas and playing with timing....he then took that info and ran with it! You will not go wrong with one of his chips.

Back