race fuels

Bobtempest

Staff member
I want opinions on race fuels. What brand & octane, do you like? What works best and what not to fool with.
This gets tossed around a lot. I have used Sunoco and VP 116. How about some 118 or Torco Nitrous 118? I have been told by some that Torco was the best.

i fell in love with the 110 octane turbo blue-- never knocked and it was all i needed 4.00 per gallon

i just bought some sunoco 114 here the other day-- hope to enjoy it very much too 3.45 per gallon DELIVERED!! :D :D

vp 116 is great- but is very expensive

In 2000 i used turbo blue extreme 116 and went through 55 gallons with zero problems with spark pluges. Last year i went with the c-16 I went 6 rounds at a local bracket race and lost in the semis due to plug problems. At the midwest challenge i put in fresh pluges in the morning and made 2 passes and two more in the quick eight. Final round pluges take a dump. Is it just me or do other people have problems with the c-16 Also in 2000 i had zero head gasket problems. Last year i had two.

on paper, the VP looks better to me...higher sg, and higher motor octane....what they deliver in the barrel may be something else.

It also has 6 gs of lead, the turbo blue does not list lead content.

I have noticed that C16 is harder to spool in the past.

Steve what is the motor octane. On the turbo blue there is a (r&m)/2 of 116 and a ron 118 and mon 114 what one is the motor octane