You can type here any text you want

Race Gas or Alky

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I've seen such spreadsheets, and in theory that works just fine, if......
1. you know how much pump gas is in the tank (no guesswork allowed here). Just because your fuel gauge says 1/2 doesn't mean diddly.
2 what's the mixture of stuff that's already in there. I used to mix mine that way, and after running the tank down to 1/4 or less and refilling with pump gas there's still residual "stuff" left in there. What do you do to get the correct mixture next time, soften the mix? I could still smell the race gas exhaust smell as long as two fillups later! The race gas stays in the tank a LONG time, although being diluted more with each fill.

Too many variables unless you completely empty the tank every time. You realize of course after pumping the tank until it won't pull anymore still leaves just over a gallon of "stuff" left in the bottom. Besides, when I was racing, 100 octane wouldn't do the trick. I pumped the street gas out, and poured in 10 gal. of 114. The gallon that was left in the bottom was of no significance.

I agree that adding a mixture to a tank of "who knows what" would be challenging. But that's not what I'm doing. I started with an empty tank (or a gallon left as you stated) and am mixing directly into the tank. So I would add 5 gallons of pump gas, 7 gallons of race gas (for example) to add a total of 12 gallons of mixed gas. That is very simple and also very reliable. I'm not swapping out race and pump gas at the track, etc. so this will work for people as long as they are diligent about it. And again for low mileage drivers like myself this should be a safe, cost effective solution.

How is the install all a wideband? Do you have any pictures of yours? I don't believe Eric sells them anymore according to his website, thanks for your help.

DO NOT buy a HD actuator for the stock turbo. You should replace your actuator with stock replacement if it's the orginial. You have a wideband to track your air/fuel ratio? If not, your just guessing with the narrowband. Get a wideband on there so there are NO questions... you will know where you are at while you are adding power. Eric sells the AEM wideband.

I think ebay has them gor 162 dollars shipped from a great seller. Get one! Joe

I dont want to get of the thread topic...you will need to welf a bung in your DP... Then install a o2 sensor and gauge. Keep it simple and low cost. Aim for 11:3 ... Doesnt matter if a $1800 Fast system or $160 wideband... 11:3 is a 11:3

I'm in the same boat as the OP, I think I'm just going to run race gas, all I have for a choice is 110
Where do u guys get 114 anyhow?

Back