You can type here any text you want

Race Pro vs. Street Pro Mufflers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

Anyone here run both? My Race Pros have way too much drone. Looking for something quieter. Are the street pro's any quieter in your opinions?

The street pros are louder at idle, quieter at cruise, and atleast with a stock turbo, had a lot more whistle than the race pros, but they are baffled and more restrictive.

I called Pypes and talked to the tech.. He said "no street pros unless you can live w/ a serious drone" . I took the system back to Summit, got the race pro system. Mine sounds great!
Do a search. Several threads/posts on the topic.

Wow, lol. I did a search here yesterday and all I came up with is people that were really impressed with the race pros. I'm not sure how that is cuz mine drone something fierce and I can't stand it any more. Thinking about investigating Quiet Flows then. I want quiet idle and no drone. When I hammer on it I guess it doesn't really matter at that point. Just as long as I can lock the cruise control on 50mph and hear next to nothing :)

Lol. Would LOVE that but yea. Not for a few years from now lol. I'm confident I will be able to get this accomplished though. Once I find a good replacement muffler set, & re-do my weatherstripping I'm sure it'll be nice inside my crew compartment. If not I'll just rip out this carpet and dynamat this bitch and see what's up then. :)

Mine drone is horrible with the race pros at 35-45. Nice and quite at 47 up once the converter locks.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yea me too. I was told to try some mufflers from the same year Riviera. Not a bad idea. I actually used to have them on there and took them off to go full race and don't remember how they sounded lol Thinking about the quiet flows or dynomaxes next.

I'm thinking of doing a cross flow in the stock location along with the race pros. The 3 muffler system. Just pick up some 2.5" stainless bends and dust off the Miller tig. Last year I didn't seem to notice the drone as much, possibly the converter being a little looser? Considering the speed limit all the way to work is 35-45, if I'm stuck behind someone I have a migraine by the time I'm there.

I'm thinking of doing a cross flow in the stock location along with the race pros. The 3 muffler system. Just pick up some 2.5" stainless bends and dust off the Miller tig. Last year I didn't seem to notice the drone as much, possibly the converter being a little looser? Considering the speed limit all the way to work is 35-45, if I'm stuck behind someone doing the speed limit I have a migraine by the time I'm there.

Do the single shot setups have this problem? I've considered a 3' maybe 4' single shot.

robertf, yes. Anytime you have bigger diameter pipes, and less mufflers, the more chance you're going to drone or have a louder exhaust overall. Restriction is a big part of quietness :)

Back