You can type here any text you want

Raced a EVO tonite!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RUQWKNF27

Well tonite standing inline @ the Auto Parts store I look out the window and see a silver evo and then see the guy who drives it. I know its him cause last time I saw him was in my rear view mirror about 2 months ago. Pulled up next to him @ a red light waited to see if he would jump and he did and then I went off and left him. Well when he came out of the store I introduced myself and said hey man I remember racing you! he then looked @ my trk and said yea we were going up the mountain and my car was stk then. I thought to my self and remembered I had raced him in my trk "modded diesel"also. Then I said yea but remember the white monte carlo and he said "you mean the turbo t" which I thought was pretty cool a asian who knows his cars. Well after some chit chat and showing me his car and his new mods larger intercooler, turbo , full exhaust, millen ecm etc. I say bye and say maybe we can line them up again. Well after leaving and have him drive beside me and show off his exhaust and all he gets inthe left turning lane and I turn right looking at his car I then notice he gets out of the turning lane and follows me home.

I got out of my trk and first ask him whats going on " with my 9mm in my inside pocket" you never know about people! He says he meant to get my cell but forgot so just decided to see where i live. I said ok cool and we go in the garage and he is pretty amazed @ the car. I said after talking a bit if he wanted to run tonite. And so we did. I have the 20"s on the car so I could not leave that hard maybe 5 lbs he got the jump until I reeled him in and passed him. I think by 70 mph I had 10-15 cars on him at least. His car was surprisingly quick. A lot quicker then last time as I remember. I am running 26lbs of boost and 23 degrees of timing on meth and 93. Turns out the guy was pretty cool and so thats it.

That's cool!! Good kill!!! 1 of these days I'll get my car on the road and it will actually run the way it's suppose to!! Until then i'll live vicariously through stories like these.

Wow, cool story.

For a sec there, I thought, "Wha? What's he following you home for?"

Thought that this story was about to get real bad, real quick. But glad to hear you beat him! Maybe he'll learn up and buy a TB! :)

its always nice to meet another car guy... especially one who is respectful of all kinds of cars as long as they're fast, even if its not what he drives himself. He'll probably start pulling some overtime so he can buy more stuff for his car, haha... nothing like a good whoopin to motivate you to mod.

i wouldn't mind havin an evo... it would make a good DD 4 door all weather car that is still really fun to drive and can get good mileage if you drive it right (wrong? :)). It would be something you wouldn't be ashamed to pull up to the meetup spot in, too... after you took that ridiculous wing off, of course.:tongue:

Still wouldn't have let him follow me home. :p Keep that garage locked. Doesn't need to make his car any faster when he can just have yours!

On the rare occasions that I drive over to one of the local car shows, I am always watching to see if someone follows me home. Heck i don't even like to work on it outside, I figure the less people that know where it is the better.

Back