You can type here any text you want

Raced an LT1 vette

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JDSfastGN

Well I was cruising tonight in the 86 GN and ran across a mid 90s LT1 6spd vette that sounded pretty mean. Well we catch a light. I'm kinda worried, because the GN has 146,000 miles and just regualr maintenence. The few mods are in the sig. It runs strong but the tranny isn't very healthy. The light turns green and we are off, with just a hint of tire spin from both cars. We are very even with me slightly pulling, but all of a sudden my tranny wouldn't shift into 3rd at WOT, so I let off and it shifted but the vette had pulled away pretty good. I decide to go at it again. We get to the next light and we both take a left. He waits while I pull next to him, and we pace eachother at about 10mph or so. I decide to punch it, he follows suit and I pull a couple lengths on him up to 80 or so. Its not the greatest street, but it is long and empty. We both roll down the windows and talk for a min. He was having a problem as well, his vette was bogging , and popping really loud out the exhaust when in a low gear. My sisters LT1 camaro will a little if you drop it into a lower gear and let it wind down, but his was not normal, he smelled very rich. He didn't mention what mods he had either, but it did not sound stock at all. On the second race the tranny shifted but not well. After a thumbs up and a honk he was on his way. I pulled into a gas station, and checked the TV cable, and it had come loose. After a tightening, it was back to barking the pegleg. It was a lot of fun, and its nice to meet cool car owner, and he new about GNs as well.

Oh and now that I looked at my sig, the 3" ATR downpipe is still in the box along with the headers. And I didn't have a chance to gut the cat yet. I forgot to take them out of the sig. The weekend they were to go on, I had to pull the 87s motor out due to the wiped cam. (Still waiting for my heads: for it as well.)

Back