You can type here any text you want

raced one of those rare black monte carlo's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dentmasters01

Only worth mentioning because as I have a manual 400 in the car now, and the monty had an automatic and took advantage of the "tranny kick down" from a 45mph roll, I left it in 3rd gear. He def. had exhaust work because it sounded good. As far as motor work...I don't know. But does it really matter ? We were window to window as he kicked it. I pinned the gas and his car jumped to my front bumper, maybe a hair more, and thats where it stopped. You could hear the slow building hiss starting to seep out from under the hood. The 70 gtq starting to breathe. Slowly my front bumper creeped to his quarter. Then the rear tire, then the quarter window, then right about the time my bumper said hello to his side view mirror, all hell let loose under the hood with a furry of excess exhaust spewing out of the 48mm ext. waste gate vented at the pass. side tire. The look of complete awe on his face, as he turned his head over his left shoulder to look at me, and the rate of speed at which he had to pivot his head to actually see me go by, was priceless. My turbo must have sucked a black hole in time from the front of his car because it resembled him hitting a wall as I launched past him. I let off the gas as soon as I shot past him and his first responce once again window to window was " you got nitrous ? " :rolleyes:

ummm, yea ....that hissing sound was my purge....

Only worth mentioning because as I have a manual 400 in the car now, and the monty had an automatic and took advantage of the "tranny kick down" from a 45mph roll, I left it in 3rd gear. He def. had exhaust work because it sounded good. As far as motor work...I don't know. But does it really matter ? We were window to window as he kicked it. I pinned the gas and his car jumped to my front bumper, maybe a hair more, and thats where it stopped. You could hear the slow building hiss starting to seep out from under the hood. The 70 gtq starting to breathe. Slowly my front bumper creeped to his quarter. Then the rear tire, then the quarter window, then right about the time my bumper said hello to his side view mirror, all hell let loose under the hood with a furry of excess exhaust spewing out of the 48mm ext. waste gate vented at the pass. side tire. The look of complete awe on his face, as he turned his head over his left shoulder to look at me, and the rate of speed at which he had to pivot his head to actually see me go by, was priceless. My turbo must have sucked a black hole in time from the front of his car because it resembled him hitting a wall as I launched past him. I let off the gas as soon as I shot past him and his first responce once again window to window was " you got nitrous ? " :rolleyes:

ummm, yea ....that hissing sound was my purge....

Yep, I love that look on their faces! The "what just happened stare".

Thanks for the story.

Mikey

Nice job on the kill.
Nice job on the story.

Mike B.

Back