Racing is about to start....

murphster

Up here in NJ the tracks are about to open, weather permitting. Although I haven't raced in TAI officially at one of the events, my car is built with this class in mind. So with the new race season about to get underway, I have a few things to do to the car.
  • Near the end of last season I upgraded my turbo and converter. Now have the billet 71 BB turbo and a PTC nonlock. Went 134mph not too long after. I'll probably keep the tune the same for now.
  • I'm moving my battery to the trunk. Its a big boy, prob close to 60lbs. I'll put the alky tank in the stock battery location with the outlet facing the rear. It will be interesting to see how this affects the alky pressure on the logs, especially as the alky level goes lower.
  • I've still got a little room to play with on the weight. I believe I'm in the low 3600s with GN1 heads. A couple of fiberglass bumpers should bring it right down to the 3550 limit.
  • I plan on looking at the suspension setup this year. I'm on a basic boxed control arms, poly bushings all around, and HR bar setup with Lakewood 70/30s and 50/50s. Might go with a set of QA1s all around. Might also look at something like the Baseline Suspensions control arm setup so I can dial in the geometry.
So if I can the 60ft down consistently I should be right near 10.0s. I'd rather get the suspension dialed in first so I can run the best times before I turn it up any more. I'll get my cage re-certified this spring so I'll be ready when the time comes though. :)

So, what else is going on with cars that could run in this class? Anyone looking to move up the list?

Car sounds like it's running GREAT!!!

Working on 60ft's my self!!!

hope to see you in North Carolina in May!!!

JD