Rack and Pinion conversion kit

Mike E

Mr. Badwrench
Since this may not be legal for TSL and I don't need to be light weight for TSM, I'm considering selling or trading my rack and pinion kit for a manual steering box.

It includes:
TRZ modified wilwood/ flaming river rack and pinion ($250 from TRZ)
Bump steer kit for above rack using 1/2" high misalignment chromoly rod ends ($165 from various sources)
Billet Rack mounting clamp ($50 from various sources)
One splined to 3/4" universal joint ($49 from summit)
One 3/4" to 3/4" universal joint ($44 from summit)
3' of 3/4 x .083 wall dom steering shaft material.

All parts are new, never used other than for mockup. All you have to do is ream the spindles for the bumpsteer kit, mount the rack and make the steering shaft to fit. I can include some reamed stock spindles for a little extra.

I bought the rack from TRZ and I made the bumpsteer kit and rack mounting hardware.
TRZ sells this kit for $650, but it includes one more universal joint and steel mounting plates.

I'm asking $550 plus shipping. I will also do a partial trade for a very good condition (no play) manual steering box, drag link, idler arm, etc.

Rack
CIMG0737.jpg

Billet clamp and possible mounting
CIMG0789.jpg

Bump Steer Kit
CIMG0793.jpg

Rack and pinions aren't rated in ratio because the output is not a turning shaft. This rack before it's modified by TRZ is 3 3/4 turns lock to lock with a travel of 5.25" total. I'm not 100% sure, but I think shortening the rack may take out some of that travel. In another for sale thread someone equated it to 16:1, but that could be a guess.

hey mike I may work somthing out with you.
Do you have stuff to trade or do you want to buy it outright? I'm going to look at a manual steering box today from a local guy. I kinda need to go ahead and get one for another header project I'm working on.

Hey Mike, I have a 4 bolt early s-10 manual steering box (better then 3 bolt and hard to find) if you are interested. Comes with the S-10 arm so you will have to swap out.
Jamie

Thanks for the offer. I found a local guy that remans junkyard boxes and bought an s10 box from him last night for pretty cheap.

Bump. I will seperate the rack if someone wants just that. $250 and shipping. Or, I will trade it for an H&R parts rear sway bar.