You can type here any text you want

rack and pinion conversion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PaCemkr86

WFO Racing
Staff member
TRZ Motorsports

319-3s.jpg

I just ordered this for my TType. Should be here anyday..:)

Anybody here installed one of these and how do you like it ?
If you have pics of your install please post em..

I thought Otto was going to post some, but I must have missed them.
Take some while you do yours. Weigh your kit and what comes off as well to see what savings there is aside from the obvious benifit.
TIA

I thought Otto was going to post some, but I must have missed them.
Take some while you do yours. Weigh your kit and what comes off as well to see what savings there is aside from the obvious benifit.
TIA

i think he did on tbs.. i got pics of his and somebody else's that didnt have an engine it.
So far ive seen it installed 2 different ways " as far as routing the steering shaft"

I'm sorry to sound dumb here but what is the benefit of the rack and pinion?

well my current setup doesnt have power steering and im currently running a manuel steering box from a S-10 and i dont like it..
and the rack will save some weight and add the bump steer kit also

ttype%20004.jpg

I need to take better ones,The auto cover on my lens only opened half way,so the pics came out messed up

Here it is on my car going thru the frame.

Attachments

• rack.JPG
    rack.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 417
The pics of the car without an engine may have been mine if the steering shaft is routed through the frame. I have those pics on my computer at work and won't be back there for a week.

i think you are correct.. those look like v8 motor mounts

Otto, How were you magically able to not go through the frame? I thought that's the way the kit was designed to work? It looks as though your rack might be installed higher.

I think what makes the difference is the location of the v6 and its acc that allow it.

But i believe their is an LS1 powered G body that is done the same way

It steers fine with no binding or bumpsteer a can feel so far.
Ill take pics later

got mine installed this week.. will take some good pics this weekend and share them with you guys...

Louie or Otto can i see how you mounted your tie rods with the bump steer??
I mounted mine on the bottem of the spindle with the smallest spacer....

Seemed to be the most level like that..

I used the thick spacer on the bottom of the spindle. You want the shafts from the rack to the spindle to have the same angle as the lower control arms. Then have your local alignment shop check bump steer.

I used the thick spacer on the bottom of the spindle. You want the shafts from the rack to the spindle to have the same angle as the lower control arms. Then have your local alignment shop check bump steer.
thanks for the heads up Dusty.. i work at the dealership and do alignments . ill see if i can get this lined out this weekend

Mine doesnt have the engine in so i cant set for bump steer yet.

Back