You can type here any text you want

Radio wiring schematic

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jmidolo

Sexy MF Joe
Can someone post the wiring schematic for the radio. Looking specifically for what the wires that plug into the back of the radio are for.

I've got scans of the power antenna wiring, as well as the radio but they're too big to post here. Email instead? :D

<edit> sent

Thanks again Dave. Check out this wiring job. 9k mile car, it was a mess.
No wonder the power antenna didn't work, all the wires were cut!

Attachments

• IMG_5100.jpg
    IMG_5100.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_5098.jpg
    IMG_5098.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_5099.jpg
    IMG_5099.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 215
every radio adapter kit that you can buy at places like Wal Mart comes with a list of what wires do what on the car side of the plug.

I just tried cracking that puzzle yesterday. Honestly mine looks the same, must of came straight from the factory that way!!! lol

I just tried cracking that puzzle yesterday. Honestly mine looks the same, must of came straight from the factory that way!!! lol

And this was a "Professional" install job! Things like that are the reason why no one works on my cars. Gonna go play detective and see if I can get this working correctly now!

Don't feel bad, my car had some jerry-wrigging going on in the radio area when I bought it. Seems some people should not ever be let loose around this stuff.

It all works!

Had to piggy back a few wires onto the stock wires. It's got aftermarket speakers in it with crossovers so theres 4 in the doors, 2 in the dash and 2 in the rear. It actually sounds pretty decent and the power antenna now works like it should. Thanks to all for your help.

Just look on the stock radio. Stamped on the outer case are the position for each wire. Off on the right are 3 humps that represent the location tabs on the plastic connector. The top plug with the ground and power is always the black connector on the harness. White is the middle or front speaker plug and blue is the lower and rear speaker plug.

Attachments

• Radio Plug-1.jpg
    Radio Plug-1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Radio Plug-2.jpg
    Radio Plug-2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 161
:confused: Very true, I did use that also but was not getting any sound to the rear spears or door speakers. Not sure what was going on! Had to piggy back the rear wires which were stock ones, ylw/brwn/lt blue/drk blue, they were cut and had to piggy back them onto the wires which were plugged into the rear speaker wires on that connector. No clue what was going on but it all works now nicely. :confused:

Back