Raleigh NC. Car shows, racing ?

Just found out that a friend of my wifes has a vacant home near the Triangle Town Centre in Raleigh. I will be moving there in 8 weeks while we look for a permanant home. Let me know what car shows are around(even though I might not have my cars there until I get warehouse space).

You guys have been a great help and I will continue to let you know my progress.

After $20k and almost 2 years looks like I'll have my T-Type up and running this spring, downside is I leave for Iraq in June. Whens the next get together? :cool:

benoitthegr8 said:
After $20k and almost 2 years looks like I'll have my T-Type up and running this spring, downside is I leave for Iraq in June. Whens the next get together? :cool:

Congrats on the car Ben! Here's a condensed schedule:

Kinston Dragway (first weekend in March)
Last weekend in March: TBD (Jordan or Kerr Lake we think)
Charlotte Auto Fair Sat Apr 8: 12 TR's and/or sy-tys will be in the show including the 87T I bought from Mr. McCoy
(you won't recognize it)
April 21-23 "Regals at the Reef" Myrtle Beach SC (have a spot or two still open if you want to go)
Mid-May (Exact time TBD): Shane Grim was talking about hosting a get-together at his place in Greeneville. (still in planning phase)

kh440 said:
Congrats on the car Ben! Here's a condensed schedule:

Kinston Dragway (first weekend in March)
Last weekend in March: TBD (Jordan or Kerr Lake we think)
Charlotte Auto Fair Sat Apr 8: 12 TR's and/or sy-tys will be in the show including the 87T I bought from Mr. McCoy
(you won't recognize it)
April 21-23 "Regals at the Reef" Myrtle Beach SC (have a spot or two still open if you want to go)
Mid-May (Exact time TBD): Shane Grim was talking about hosting a get-together at his place in Greeneville. (still in planning phase)

No mention of the get-together @ Bristol???? :confused:

K.

NCTURBOS said:
No mention of the get-together @ Bristol???? :confused:

K.

oops, that was just off the top of my head. There is also a gathering at Bristol, date TBD (or do we have a firm date for that??)

I believe I will shoot for the Myrtle beach get together, she will not have paint yet (Fugly dark metallic blue) I mean factory metallic blue. But I believe the car being in mothballs for so long, just getting her up and running is most important. See you soon :cool:

I'll be there in 5-6 weeks from now. Looks like Brier Creek or Ethans Glen. We will decide within the next few days.

Looking to put my business right around where 540 and Capital meet.

Any cruise nights in the area going to be happening.

To all that offered to help in the car business. I'm almost ready. If anyone can help get me into any new car dealers to purchase their trades, that would be the best. I will gladly compensate you for any hook-ups like that.

twinvipers said:
Looking to put my business right around where 540 and Capital meet.

That sounds great. Are you going to have a car lot in that area, or will you only need an office and keep the cars off site?

brn agn said:
That sounds great. Are you going to have a car lot in that area, or will you only need an office and keep the cars off site?

I will have a warehouse to keep the cars indoors.

Congratulations!! Cruzn' 57 should be starting up in the next 2-3 weeks and runs through the summer (ends usually around Sept-Oct) Talk of getting together at Jordan Lake around the 5th of May. Soon as you get settled I'd be more than happy to introduce you to the used car people here At our dealership.

kh440 said:
Congratulations!! Cruzn' 57 should be starting up in the next 2-3 weeks and runs through the summer (ends usually around Sept-Oct) Talk of getting together at Jordan Lake around the 5th of May. Soon as you get settled I'd be more than happy to introduce you to the used car people here At our dealership.

I'll be in Brier Creek by the 23rd of this month. Thanks again for all your help everyone...

KH440
PM me your number and I'll call you when I get there. Definitely am going to take you up on the dealership offer to meet everyone. Have you ever played Golf at Brier Creek ?

Why don't we try and make a get together at Grill 57 ? I'm bringing my low mile GN for now. Others will be down when my warehouse is ready.

Welcome to the land of pollen, never-ending road construction and mosquitoes the size of bald eagles!! I'll have to get a hold of Gary Mitchell ("blackcar"), to be sure, but Cruzn57 should be starting up about now.

kh440 said:
Welcome to the land of pollen, never-ending road construction and mosquitoes the size of bald eagles!! I'll have to get a hold of Gary Mitchell ("blackcar"), to be sure, but Cruzn57 should be starting up about now.

We also have the mosquitos,never ending road work(the Long Island Expressway AKA worlds largest parking lot and the pollen.

Leaving the 2 foot snow storms, nasty NYer's and 1500 sq.ft. homes that cost 400-500,000 dollars(and taxes that would blow your mind). Please don't get me started :mad:

Can't wait :D

No place is perfect but compared to New York, everything else seems REAL GOOD.

twinvipers said:
Leaving the 2 foot snow storms, nasty NYer's and 1500 sq.ft. homes that cost 400-500,000 dollars(and taxes that would blow your mind). Please don't get me started :mad:

Can't wait :D

No place is perfect but compared to New York, everything else seems REAL GOOD.

As an escaped New Englander myself, I understand......

Grill 57 had their first cruise in yesterday. Always the third Saturday of the month, starting in April. Had an 98% original 70 GSX (had engine mods), a 70 GSX conv (clone) and 71 Skylark show up. Mine was the only turbo Buick there. About 100 to 150 cars showed up and there was some leaving and some coming in the whole time.
The first Sat in May is Lake Jordan gathering.

Black Car said:
Grill 57 had their first cruise in yesterday. Always the third Saturday of the month, starting in April. Had an 98% original 70 GSX (had engine mods), a 70 GSX conv (clone) and 71 Skylark show up. Mine was the only turbo Buick there. About 100 to 150 cars showed up and there was some leaving and some coming in the whole time.
The first Sat in May is Lake Jordan gathering.

Let's try and get together for the next cruise night at 57.

How far is Lake Jordan from Raleigh ?

twinvipers said:
Let's try and get together for the next cruise night at 57.

How far is Lake Jordan from Raleigh ?

Right on the border of Wake and Chatham Counties on US 64. From say Capital Blvd, maybe 20 minutes, if that.

I am finally here in Raleigh. My GN will be here tomorrow.

When abd where are the cruise nights around going on now ?

Who is going to Lake Jordan ?