You can type here any text you want

Ran a Mustang Shelby, GT 500.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6POWER

Went to the track tonight for test and tune and a new Shelby Cobra, GT 500 lines up beside me in the staging lanes. It was a close race but I won even though my car is down about .3 et. I got a hole shot (pro tree/.400) and kept the distance even though he ran 3+ mph faster than me.

I had .357 r/t to his .502. My 60' was 1.747 to his 1.732. 330' was 4.851 to his 4.889. 1/8 mile was 7.457 to 7.432 and mph was 94.98 to 98.60. I won by .1201.

I saw him run again and he only ran a 7.5x at 98.x.

I just installed the Gen II, wideband, and Power Logger and have not got the car dialed in yet.

Damn, good kill my man. I've been nervous about running up against one, but one of these days I'll get my shot. Just want to make sure I'm loaded for bear.

What rubber was he wearin'?

Thanks.

He was running BFG TA drag radials. My 60' should have been in the high 1.5x to low 1.6x but the car was too rich on launch.

What's that in the quarter???? Both cars are moving but that is pretty quick for a GT-500, the best I've seen is 13's. No offense to your Buick.:cool:

That sounds like a pretty good match!

Next time dont fall asleep at the light like that:eek: :wink:

Im willing to bet you should be able to get your car down into the 6's with a better launch and tune

BW

As my signature indicates, the car has run 7.11 with 1.506 60' before adding all the new gadgets. Now I have to re-tune.

Car was way rich at launch and just wouldn't spool, hence the slow reaction and 60'. :frown:

98+ in the 1/8th is moving - it must've been tweaked. Nice job fending him off!

Jim

The car arrived in an enclosed trailer and it didn't have a license plate. I went over to talk with the guy when I first saw the car but he wasn't very friendly, even though I complimented him on his car.

The car arrived in an enclosed trailer and it didn't have a license plate. I went over to talk with the guy when I first saw the car but he wasn't very friendly, even though I complimented him on his car.

was his last name Reynolds? hmmmmmm...

We never got around to introductions since he made it appear he was not interested in talking.

Well since he was being a weenie it serves him right to get a beating....:cool:

Carries his new bad a$$ car to the track in his new high dollar trailer and gets beat by a 20 year old grandma car. I bet he's braggin at work this morning. ............NOT!!!!!!!:)

I wouldn't call it a 'beating' since it was pretty close but it was a loss for him. :)

He had the dealer sticker laminated and laying in his truck. His car cost $44,000.

No stickers, just a plain white Mustang with two blue stripes front to rear.

Back