Ran the TTA again this past Saturday

Scott89TTA

The weather held out for most of the day until they shut the track down around 5:00 when it started raining.

1st time for me running my car again since the Spring when I blew the head gasket. Signed up for test & tune and just tried to figure out the car. My biggest problem is learning how to launch the car either off the foot brake or the trans brake. I made 3 passes 1st two off the foot brake 3rd off the trans brake. Also trying to learn the Power Logger as well...1st pass i screwed up the file by hitting the space bar several times...2nd and 3rd pass was a Power Logger success as I was able to record both complete passes !!!

So here is the skinny on my runs...

1st pass: (recorded boost 23 psi...real weak off the line 2-3psi maybe...let out about 3/4 track)

12.370 ET
107.04 MPH
2.047 60FT
8.026 1/8 ET
92.02 1/8 MPH

2nd pass: (recorded boost 24 psi...foot brake maybe 3-4 psi but pushing with a soft leave...time to try the Trans Brake!!!) This run was the cleanest pass on the power logger as far as data...everything looked good the whole run just need to launch the car around 8 psi to get a decent 60ft.

12.442 ET
113.29 MPH
2.159 60FT
8.124 1/8 ET
91.98 1/8 MPH

3rd pass: (recorded boost 22-23 psi...trans brake ~5-6 psi hooked no spin) This run was a mess as far as the power logger data goes...never floored the pedal (TPS maxed at 3.38 then dropped to 3.09) shifted past drive to OD, let off some when I felt the car shift into OD...RPM only got to 5000 for a very short moment just before it shifted into OD...most of the run was 4600-4800. Both previous runs RPM was about 5200 most of the pass.

Turned out to be my best pass to date do to the 1.9 60ft via a mild trans brake launch.

12.136 ET
113.57 MPH
1.902 60FT
7.810 1/8 ET
92.63 1/8 MPH

baby steps...tune looks good now just need to learn how to drive

Thanks to Carl for explaining to me the Power Logger data and what to look for. Also for recommending to move my seat up next time I run and not drive like I'm cruising. He pointed out that the quicker the 60ft the more it will push me back pulling me off the pedal if I'm too far back...see my last pass

Was hoping to make a 4th pass and use my new knowledge but the rain came and shut the track down while we were in line.

Thanks to Trent (ttafan) for talking me into using the trans brake on my 3rd pass and taking videos.

May go back this weekend and try again to get that 11 sec pass...I think it's there with a good 60ft and a solid full pass.

-Scott

113 for 22-23 psi is normal on a stock longblock.

To get over 120 you'll need to crank it up :D

BTW congrats.. looks like your having fun and learning. Rome wasnt created in a day.. tuning takes time and patience to learn what the car wants.

That big turbo is probably hurting more than its helping. Thats why your 60 is in the toilet. A smaller turbo like a 49, 51, 60, 61 would be a better match.

6776 is for ported heads, roller cam, FM, and big boost.

BTW congrats.. looks like your having fun and learning. Rome wasnt created in a day.. tuning takes time and patience to learn what the car wants.

That big turbo is probably hurting more than its helping. Thats why your 60 is in the toilet. A smaller turbo like a 49, 51, 60, 61 would be a better match.

6776 is for ported heads, roller cam, FM, and big boost.

thanks Julio...I'm learning and going slow.

I haven't launched the car hard yet...the best one so far was the 1.9 60ft off the trans brake but it was only 4-5 psi it felt pretty mild ...the Mickey's didn't spin w/16 psi. Going to try 8 psi next time and see what I can get...I think there is a high 11 in it if I can pull off a 1.6 60ft. After that I may try a little more boost 24-26 if all goes well. All 3 runs Saturday "0" knock :cool:

yeah I know the turbo is hurting me...I have a new set of heads (need P&P), have Harland Sharp rollers from JD, and a nice roller cam is in the plans. Maybe over the Winter if funds permit. If I don't do the heads and cam for a while I may look for a 61 in the mean time...my converter may be a little to big though.

Thanks,
Scott

Sounds like it is coming together.

I'll trade my 61 for your 67. Seems fair to me?? ;)

Jason

FWIW, I always ran .2 slower at 75-80. Come out a little harder and you'll get there easily.

Congrats!

I remember talking to you and seeing your car at home depot. Glad to see your car is running pretty good.

Congrats on the new times...feels good doesn't it :)