You can type here any text you want

Random progress pics, frame notch, 325's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

forcefed3.8's

Buckeye Bullet
Here are some pics of what I have been doing this spring to get the car ready for this cruise/ race season. I spend more time just hanging out than actually working, but atleast I'm not smoking crack right?
325/50's, frame notch, 15x10 5.5bs Billet specialties Street Lites, stock wheel wells, massaged with a hammer. I am running a 3/16" spacer with iron drums, but my rear end is slightly narrower, I think the C-clip eliminators moved the axles in slightly. I can fit my fingers in between the tire and the frame at all points.

Attachments

• framenotch 001.jpg
    framenotch 001.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 837
  • framenotch 002.jpg
    framenotch 002.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 826
  • framenotch 003.jpg
    framenotch 003.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 833
  • framenotch 004.jpg
    framenotch 004.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 835
15x4 fronts, 1.625bs, 205/75 tires
Also A/C, cruise, washer jug delete. Engine apart again.

Attachments

• framenotch 005.jpg
    framenotch 005.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 817
  • framenotch 006.jpg
    framenotch 006.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 810
  • framenotch 007.jpg
    framenotch 007.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 813
  • framenotch 008.jpg
    framenotch 008.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 824
325/50 vs 275/60

Attachments

• framenotch 009.jpg
    framenotch 009.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 818
  • framenotch 010.jpg
    framenotch 010.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 812
  • framenotch 011.jpg
    framenotch 011.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 810
Still some loose ends to tie up, but almost ready to fire. Dual fed stock fuel rail (from an 85), homemade downpipe to clear ATR headers.

Attachments

• framenotch 012.jpg
    framenotch 012.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 644
  • framenotch 013.jpg
    framenotch 013.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 642
  • framenotch 014.jpg
    framenotch 014.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 635
  • framenotch 015.jpg
    framenotch 015.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 645
  • framenotch 016.jpg
    framenotch 016.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 646
Looks really nice! That fuel rail set-up is odd though, never seen that before. Hope it works out well!

I hope so too. I figured it was worth a shot. The 85 has the valve pointing up and the end is blocked off. I drilled and tapped the end for a 8AN fitting. I have an old BGC catalog where there is a recipe section. It said to have the second fuel introduce fuel at the driver's side. I have 10AN from the tank, split off to 8AN at the rail with an intank double pumper. I went lean last year, and #1 and 3 cylinders showed signs of leaking under boost.

Worth a shot, I contemplated putting a EGT on the #1 cyl to keep an eve on it since it seems to be the most popular to go lean. That eay it i kept it safe the res would be too. Keep us posted. I want me a silver TR sooo bad!

I am having a serious rich idle problem. I pulled 46% fuel from the GEN 2 just to make it idle, it is still burning eyes, black spark plug rich. The fuel pressure is right at 42 with the line off. I am going to put the old fuel rail back on with the restrictive Saginaw fitting to see if it cures it. I have exhausted all other possibilites.

Attachments

• framenotch 020.jpg
    framenotch 020.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 535
I hopefully got everything figured out. My translator's memory wigged out. I have been driving it to car shows all summer, getting ready to run on Oct. 2. I have added tubular front control arms upper and lower, all new tie rods, idler arm, center link, adjustable shocks. The control arms lowered the front of the car, which is good, all of the weight I removed made it sit high in the front. I finally got the TH400/PTC converter installed, what a difference. Spool up is alot faster, power breaking makes boost as soon as I "stab" it. Under boost, it pulls like crazy, the converter actually couples, I can feel the acceleration. The gear spread of the 400 is awesome too. I don't really miss the OD, I just take the back roads, but 65mph is at 2700, which isn't too bad.

Attachments

• fall10picsbuick 001.jpg
    fall10picsbuick 001.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 425
  • fall10picsbuick 003.jpg
    fall10picsbuick 003.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 421
  • fall10picsbuick 007.jpg
    fall10picsbuick 007.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 420
  • fall10picsbuick 006.jpg
    fall10picsbuick 006.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 420
  • fall10picsbuick 005.jpg
    fall10picsbuick 005.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 440
Looks badass and sounds like it runs just as good as it looks!:cool:

Rob,

Looks great!! I won't be able to make it up for the event, so keep me updated on how the PTC works out for your combination. Your car, Joe's car and Brian's car all have me on the edge of my seat waiting for some feedback from the track!! :biggrin:

Is that a Streetglide I see in the garage?

K.

Rob,

Looks great!! I won't be able to make it up for the event, so keep me updated on how the PTC works out for your combination. Your car, Joe's car and Brian's car all have me on the edge of my seat waiting for some feedback from the track!! :biggrin:

Is that a Streetglide I see in the garage?

K.

Well, that sucks, I was looking foward to meeting you.
We are excited to see how these converters work out. Joe's car sounds awesome going through the gears, and hits like crazy. Time to turn it back up! My car is feeling very strong at 21psi. Can't wait to put the Q in it and crank it up.

Good eye, actually, it is a 02 Electra Glide Standard I redid to look like a Street Glide. I prefer carb and the older engine, and the lower price tag. The bike was neglected by the previous owner, so I got it for cheap. I repainted it and freshened the top end. It has a 11.5:1 95" kit with HeadQuarters heads and cams. It should be 105 to 110hp. It murders my friends XB9 Buell. I got rid of my XB12 Buell for it. I should have bought a bagger from the start. I still have the softail if you know anybody interested.

Looks like you have run twin -8 lines to your fuel rail, I was thinking of doing the same thing as I finish up my new double pump setup, maybe run them to the rear, has this worked OK ?
Did you use the factory feedline as a return ? How did you adapt it ?
guessing you removed the factory filter.:cool:

I mounted an sx performance fuel filter just above the tank. After that, I have 10AN that splits off to the 8AN. I already had the 10AN and all of the fittings as well as the filter from another car I am putting back more stock. I am just running the 3/8" line from the stock hanger assembly to the filter. Overkill and pointless, but looks impressive. I still have the factory return. Since the car is an 85, the fuel filter wasn't in the line like the 87's. I put a stock fuel filter in the line just above where the stock muffler went. Over the winter, I changed the filter, and noticed tha Russel adapter fittings I had going into the filter necked down to 1/8". I wanted to address this issue, and this was the "bought and paid" for answer. The fuel rail is an 85 unit that has the valve pointing up and the end is flat. I drilled and tapped it for an 8AN fitting. So far it is working great. Just trying to keep #1 and 3 fed.

The BS on the wheels is 5.5". I had to massage the wells in ALOT. I kept working my way around the well, and it all moved in without looking destroyed.

Well I have brazed a -8 feed AN fitting into the tank output and a -6 AN for the return, I think I am going to go ahead and feed both sides of the rail with a -8, got an Aeromotive filter to plumb in line, may just bypass the entire stock fuel line setup, it will be simpler.:cool:

Back