What do you think of my new rims?

• Really nice looking on the GN

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Alright looking

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • Find something else

Votes: 33 37.1%

• Total voters
I think they look good. I'd leave the centers chrome, because they look good with the chrome trim ring. A little less sidewall would do wonders, though.

lieu910 said:
Don't let people sway your opinion. If you like them stick with them. I really like what you did. It's unique and tasteful and fits the theme of the car very well. My choice would be for raised white letter tires to give it a more period look.

To me, big wheels other han GNX rims look REALLY bad on a GN. .
the only 17's I have ever liked on a T/R is a friend of mine put a set of cobra lookalike wheels (hildrabrant? is it or somthing like that) now that looked awsome! most guys put the larger 18,19,20+ sizes on to make up for there lack of manhood. :D

as for the center caps use paint so if you don't like it you can always strip it.

I was just going to paint right over the chrome on the center caps to see what it looked like......if not good, then just spray some carb cleaner on it since that doesn't hurt chrome...

FYI FOR THOSE THINKING OF GETTING JUST SPOKES POWDER COATED: I took a lot of searching to find someone that would only partially coat a chrome wheel. Some places said they don't fool with chrome at all to powder coat over...others said they would but would have to be the entire wheel because of the prep process....
Finally found a guy 150 miles away that would tap them off with duct tape to sand blast the spokes and the mask with coating tape for the powder coating process....he siad the powder coat would take 10 mins to do, but the prep would take almost a day a wheel....ended up being $125 per wheel to have done....but as far as the powder coating work, it is awesome and great quality you would think they were made that way if you see them in person.

Originally Posted by TurboIndian: most guys put the larger 18,19,20+ sizes on to make up for there lack of manhood.

That's a very unfortunate point of view :( . Interesting, but unfortunate, none the less.

Adam

OmahaKnight said:
JT90005Black.JPG

Just as long as they're not THAT big :D

I like the look myself and was actually planning on putting torg thrusts on my GN. Although I do have an old pair of ET IIs sitting in storage, just need to sand and paint them.

I guess my opinion is out 'cause I like that look!! BTW, I've got 20's on the rear and 17's on the front of the '36. Also CL205's like Hybrid T's. Not painted or powdercoated though.

I think your wheels look good, BTW.

That looks sweet. In fact those are the very wheels I want in my T-type. It's silver, so I expect that the D's will look good right out of the box for me. What size did you get? Is the backspacing the same as factory wheels?

scottyb said:
That looks sweet. In fact those are the very wheels I want in my T-type. It's silver, so I expect that the D's will look good right out of the box for me. What size did you get? Is the backspacing the same as factory wheels?
I got 15x7 front and 15x8.5 rear. BS was 3.75" which is the same as the factory aluminum T-wheels. I have 275/50s on the rear right now and have no rubbing, but if the rear were pressed down enough it would probably contact the fender lip. The GN wheels with 4" BS rubbed with these wheels but they are only 7" wide also, I'm sure these would have fit with 4" BS and kind of wish now I would have gotten the 4" BS on the rears.

I got the centers painted black on one side last night, will get a pic or two and repost later today, they look must better, but I think I'm going to black out the cap bolts too.

Ok, centers are painted black along with the cap allen bolts.
Looks a lot better, for me at least.
New pics attached, what do you think??

Attachments

• side-wheels-blackout.JPG
    side-wheels-blackout.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 100
  • rear-wheel-blackout.JPG
    rear-wheel-blackout.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 95
  • front-wheel-blackout.JPG
    front-wheel-blackout.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 89
I like em both ways. Wheels are such a personal choice though and it's very hard to get something that makes the car look good to everyone.