RE: Motor rebuild

RobV6

Have a quetion,Have a great friend who,is turning out a gn. I am doing a Limited motor.

My question is this. I want to go 11.50 a little higher or lower.
I was thinking about a steel rotating mass.. Already have chapion steal heads.

Also trying to kept cost dow. My biggest concern is crank.
Have not decided on turbo. But have one of Eric's trannys,10" convertor.
Any input would help.Don't know yet what labor will cost.

My buddy is great guy. Not going around him. Maybe I'm thinking too much.
TIA for any input...

I'd keep the stock rotating assembly (crank, caps, etc) and focus on getting the fuel/air in and out as efficiently as possible- mild cam, good turbo, injectors (60s), and alky.

Mid 11s all day.

motor build

I agree,stay with stock rotating assemby.go with center billet caps with arp studs/bolts on mains/rods.A set of champion irons,60lb injectors,pt61 turbo,a comp cams 212 flat tappet or 206 roller cam kit and front mount intercooler or stretch stock location and you will have a easy 11 sec motor.Be sure to up grade fuel pump and tune,tune,tune...

ya if your going into the motor might as well do the billet center caps and go strong bolts and studs throught.

I'd advise against the fancier stuff, given the stated goals. i don't see a need to go with the billet stuff, except to spend additional $$ on the parts + the line hone + the shorter chain...

I'd leave it stock- keep things simple. Hotwire the pump, turn up the boost, get some good tires for traction, and get your 11s.

Walbro 340 pump $100
Turbo: TA-49/GT6131 $400-800
Injectors- 50s or 60s (with chip to match) $400
alky kit $500
good tires $300

kill some rice!!

re: Thank You

I want to thank all of you for 3 things. First taking me seriously.
2 for being so consistant in my questions.
3 Making it more realistic for me.

My buddy also has given me same ansers. But I have been asking him over and over. My insecurities.
Funny I had been buying pieces for a while.
Car also has a 340 pump. All new bushings, new paint job.
I took all the glass and badges off.kyb shocks. headliner new.

And with everyone's help. In the past.Ran into mental block on motor.
TIA to all of you. Great having this web.One thing that stuck to me was the 60 injectors.Boy was I off. Thank you...