You can type here any text you want

Ready to buy a set of DR's but have some questions.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

djj624

Ok first question is this, 235 50 15's is that a stock size tire?
If so is it normal to have about an inch maybe a little more between the sidewall and the rear frame side to side?

See a buddy of mine once gave me some ET streets to use and they were 26x10's and they rubbed the hell out of the rear frame. The Sidewall of the tire was toast!
I just really want to know what the biggest i can go is, and the conversion of what size is what, for instance what the 235's i have now would be in a 26x?

Thanks

Stock size was 215X65X15.You can make an adjustment of the tire in the wheel well by off-setting the rim, which is kind of expensive.(buying a new set of rims w/a different off-set.) Roll the inner fender lip or notch the outside frame rail. Use variable rate springs w/air bags or heavy duty air shocks which raise the back of the car for clearance.Those are choices, not all good options.
If you are putting out enough power to use the dbl pumpers, you might want to consider a taller tire to take advantage of the torque. many of us will run a 28" tire. You can go on summit and check your tire preferance, ie MT's, Hoosier, goodyear, etc. and see the tire diameters and tread widths available. Don't forget to take into consideration the class you want to race in, as not all tire dia. and widths are exceptable. On the street I have a 245/50ZR16 on the rear of the 87 and 275/60R15 on the 86. Goodrich and goodyear respectively.

Back