You can type here any text you want

real gnx vin?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNX 165

Can anyone tell if vin#1G4GJ1171HP453622 IS A GNX? Car was listed on ebay then removed and did not tell what # gnx it was.

VIN wont tell you whether it's a GNX or not, just whether it's a Turbo Regal or not.

That's not to say that there may be a GNX Registry somewhere that has a database of the sequence numbers of all the GNX's (the last six digits of the VIN), but I don't know.

I was in contact with this guy about his GNX He wouldnt tell me the number then after repeated emails he said it was # 453 he lived about 10 minutes from me in brooklyn, and wouldnt let me look at it. His excuse was that he is deaf. So I started asking him questions about it through e-mail and he says I'd be happy to answer any questions you have but I haveto send a deposit of 2,900 through ebay approved western union. But he did give me the vin which I guess turned out to be a real gnx through the sequence numbers. WHAT THE HELL IS THE DEAL WITH THIS . And he only wanted 15,000 for it.

Hi 165,

The deal is that it's a fraud. Yes, he's using a real VIN, but he has the wrong car number-- it's not 453 (not even close). You can even Google the VIN you posted and see the ad which has swiped pictures from an old auction.

Let's all be careful out there...

Take care,
Doug

Thats what I had thought also. Thanks for your help. I just wish there was something I could do about this. but thanks again GNXREGISTRY

they sure DID NOT take em in sequence

I have #163
vin is 446852 ( last 6 #'s)

I would never send anyone a deposit to look at a car. Thats plain silly. There is always some scammer out to make a buck.

"10 minutes from you"?? More likely 8500 mi. As in Lagos, Nigeria, is more like it!
He's deaf.. Too bad dead is not on his list of ailments....

Never use an instant money service to pay for anything...

Western union is for sending money to your kids across the country.

either way once you send it western union you'll never see it again :biggrin:

these scams pop up all the time....

you did the right thing posting it here, these guys are like GNX bloodhounds ;)

Back