You can type here any text you want

Real knock?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

I just got home from the track, and all night long I was getting knock retard readings on direct scan in 3rd gear. I was slowly working my way up with boost, and leaning it out. The knock retard would go to 1 then 2 then 1 then 0 then 2 then 0 it was doing something similar to this each pass, and usually when I crossed the line it would be at 0. I'm running 110 octane, 22* timing, 24-25 psi boost on a TA49, 57 lbs injectors, TT110 chip,and about 11.0 on the wideband. It kept going back to 0 during each run, so I never let off. I wanted to keep going higher with the boost, but I need to get this figured out first. Thanks Dave

thats real knock. try addind more octane. some c16 should take care of it or a spalsh of alky

I started the night with c16 same results (maybe it was bad fuel), and it was doing it with less boost also? Maybe it is time for alchy. Do you think I am about maxed out on the turbo? When Eric burned the chip he put in 25* timing in 3rd, and fuel for 25psi boost. Any particular reason my car wouldnt be able to do this? He seemed to think it would be o.k. Thanks Dave

Sounds like your on the edge. Understand there are many variables that create knock. Octane is one, intake air temp is another... this is the one that may be getting you.

Just becuase you run C16 doesnt mean you can run 200+ IAT without it creating issues.

Start pulling plugs and read them.

is there a good site to see how to read plugs. i really need to read up on this or have someone post pictures and tell me what im looking at. Also 200+ intake temps. Sounds like my problem. Mine are at 208 the whole pass after the 60 foot.

is there a good site to see how to read plugs. i really need to read up on this or have someone post pictures and tell me what im looking at. Also 200+ intake temps. Sounds like my problem. Mine are at 208 the whole pass after the 60 foot.

Sounds like you need either a larger IC or an alky kit. Those two will cure the issue.

Now.. my Dequick front mount on the TTA would show 190+ IAT at 26 PSI without alky, with 10 degree's above.

Im sure there are sites , but they all need to look light brown (like the color of a paper lunch sack).

For the intake temps....Alky:)

I have a Dequick stock location on mine. Just like you told me Bo... Pull the plugs... I tell myself $3000 a season limit on parts for this thing, and it never seems to be enough. Maybe I should raise my limit to $5000, and get a 2nd job. :eek: Alchy, and Powerlogger here I come.... Thanks

Back