You can type here any text you want

Real or Not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNbythebay

!!In dire need of the Buick community!!

In less then a month I will be a newly dad! I convinced my fiancé into letting me bring home our baby girl in my 86 GN. Now here is the problem with that plan. A few nights ago I was taking out the GN to make sure she’s 100% ready and of course a problem occurred. The transmission does not shift out of first gear. It just revs up until limiter. I am handy around cars but not transmissions. I need this problem fixed ASAP so I can tel my little girl that she was brought home in the most badass car of the 80’s. What should I check before spending the big bucks and taking it into a shop? I already adjusted the TV cable and that did nothing, I took the pan off and checked the governor and that had the spring in it and the plastic gear looked good. I live in Seattle Washington (puget sound area). Can anyone help me!? Worst case does anyone have a transmission for sale?

!!In dire need of the Buick community!!

In less then a month I will be a newly dad! I convinced my fiancé into letting me bring home our baby girl in my 86 GN. Now here is the problem with that plan. A few nights ago I was taking out the GN to make sure she’s 100% ready and of course a problem occurred. The transmission does not shift out of first gear. It just revs up until limiter. I am handy around cars but not transmissions. I need this problem fixed ASAP so I can tel my little girl that she was brought home in the most badass car of the 80’s. What should I check before spending the big bucks and taking it into a shop? I already adjusted the TV cable and that did nothing, I took the pan off and checked the governor and that had the spring in it and the plastic gear looked good. I live in Seattle Washington (puget sound area). Can anyone help me!? Worst case does anyone have a transmission for sale?
Call dave husek,he will walk you through some things

Back