Real Turbo Buick schools fake Harley.

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Actually, there were two worthy kills in the time frame of about an hour. I'll do another thread for the other one though. Gary Wells (So Western Mod) dropped by my house this morning for us to do a little tweaking and cleaning on our cars, in preparation for next weekend's big Bates Nut Farm car show. I guess we could have taken either one of our 87 Turbo Buicks to go to lunch, but we decided to cruise the coast in Gary's nicely modded, 30,000 mile, super clean, white Limited to our lunch spot. Here's his car (total sleeper) next to my 87 GN .

Trust: To me this word congers up thoughts of when you find out that your hot wife is using one your old high school football buddies as her gynecologist. This same type of mutual trust is what Gary and I have always had with our cars. We often let each other drive our own pristine Turbo Buick, in hope that they will notice something not right or starting to go bad. On this day, I was driving Gary's car.

As we approached the fresh red light, I noted what looked like a Harley in the lane to our right. As we pulled up next to it, I saw that even though it had a V-twin engine, Harley looking gas tank, fenders and other stuff. I pointed out to Gary that it idled too smooth and quiet. It had a shaft drive and no oil spot under it. It couldn't be a Harley. I commented that "It must be a fake one". It didn't have any badging on it either. Motorcycle dude seemed very interested in our car. He kept looking at it from front to back. Probably wondering if it was a real, or a fake Monte Carlo.:D

After sizing each other up for about a minute and not saying a word, our left turn arrows turned green. It was one of those two lane left turn deals, that would put us both on a long, two lane straight away. The bike rolled into the throttle a little before he came out of the turn. With fence on one side and cliff on the other, the thought of wadding up Gary's hot rod was on my mind. Then the the voice of reason came to me. It said "What would Mean Chicken do?;) " As the car came out of the turn, I rolled into the gas. The back end started to get loose as the bike was pulling away in front of us. A quick peddle job and I was able to get back on it. With 23.5 lbs of boost showing on the gauge, we easily reeled the bike in and walked past him at about 85 mph. At the next light, we tried to make eye contact with him to ask him what size and type of bike he had, but he just looked the other way and didn't seem too interested in our car anymore.:rolleyes:

Thanks Gary. Oh yea! Your car feels like it's running just fine.:D

Mike B.

I would have run that bike, but I can't afford any witnesses to a 16 sec pass in a mid 12 car.

I'm honored, JOHNDEEREGN & Phoneguy, but to tell the truth, a lot of peeps have helped me with my '87 Turbo Buick, but most of the credit would have to go to SPOOLFOOL2, (Mike Barnard) as he has always been there for me when I have needed help, but primarily Mike has done almost all of the work on it. I could have not asked for a better friend, mechanic, diagnostic expert, polished it, fitted the front & rear bumper fillers. It's hard to find somewhere on the car that does not have Mike's golden touch on it. I am very proud of the car, but I owe 99.9% of it to Mike. Probably more than that.
I have yet to succeed into talking him into becoming a Cad CTS-V hot rod expert, mechanic, & high performance parts installer.
I think that the car likes him more than me. Probably because the car's afraid of Mike's expert touch & the car knows that I am afraid of the car's golden touch on me.

And if the truth be known, I almost bailed out the window on Mike during that race.
I've been in that car when it was sure that it wanted to go sideways coming out of the hole,
but I don't ever remember losing traction during the 2nd to 3rd shift. I pretty much peed
my pants when that happened. Fortunately the car decided to go straight instead of derailing,
and I figured that bailing out of the window at close to 100 MPH could hurt a tad if I lived through it all.
Mike, you owe me a pair of shorts, a pair of jeans, and maybe a passenger seat cover. I afraid to look.
And a warning to wear a pair of blinders next time.

I'm honored, JOHNDEEREGN & Phoneguy, but to tell the truth, a lot of peeps have helped me with my '87 Turbo Buick, but most of the credit would have to go to SPOOLFOOL2, (Mike Barnard) as he has always been there for me when I have needed help, but primarily Mike has done almost all of the work on it. I could have not asked for a better friend, mechanic, diagnostic expert, polished it, fitted the front & rear bumper fillers. It's hard to find somewhere on the car that does not have Mike's golden touch on it. I am very proud of the car, but I owe 99.9% of it to Mike. Probably more than that.
I have yet to succeed into talking him into becoming a Cad CTS-V hot rod expert, mechanic, & high performance parts installer.
I think that the car likes him more than me. Probably because the car's afraid of Mike's expert touch & the car knows that I am afraid of the car's golden touch on me.

You'll give him the big head and he'll be unsufferable over on the t6p

I completely understand the relationship Gary, when Johndeeregn is out of town I make sure his wife stays in tune for him also. I mean what are friends for. Oops wrong board. (miss ya Ty)....:D
Good kill/pants fill.

Ty has a real female version of himself that tolerates him??
Totally unbelievable.

Ty has a real female version of himself that tolerates him??
Totally unbelievable.
SHes a wonderful woman, I have her fooled. As Mike getting a big head, it would be the only big head he has / had will have :D:eek:

I wont get banned will I for saying HEAD :confused: