You can type here any text you want

realistic expectations for the new setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'm going to try that pump and injectors too. From what I've read I don't think those will support a 9 sec run on E85. Maybe 10.50? You planning on a volt booster for the pump?

I'm curious too cause our combos are similar.

Ported TA heads
226-226 cam
71hpq
RJC 315 Intercooler

The injectors will.. the pump not sure

This was lifted directly off the Racetronix website:

Q2. How much HP will this pump support?
A2. Multiply your HP by 0.42 which will give you the required fuel in LPH with a 20% safety margin. You must consider the flow at your maximum boost pressure. For example, if you base fuel pressure is 43.5PSI and your your regulator increases 1LB of fuel pressure for every 1LB of boost and you run 20PSI of boost your maximum fuel pressure would be 63.5PSI. Using the flow data above, confirm that this system is able to provide the required flow at your maximum fuel pressure and voltage. This calculation does not factor restrictions in the fuel lines. Since the condition of each system tends to vary it is best to run a return flow test at max fuel pressure once the system is installed to determine if upgrading the fuel lines is required. (i.e. At a base pressure of 43.5PSI + 30LBS boost (73.5PSI fuel pressure) this pump will support apx. 900FWHP @ 13.5VDC.)

I'm going to try that pump and injectors too. From what I've read I don't think those will support a 9 sec run on E85. Maybe 10.50? You planning on a volt booster for the pump?

I'm curious too cause our combos are similar.

Ported TA heads
226-226 cam
71hpq
RJC 315 Intercooler

i did get a voltage booster as well when i purchased the components

Which volt booster?

That info lifted from Racetronix is for gas. I was told 900 fwhp - 30% for E85. So the pump should support around 650 fwhp on E85. Maybe a little more with a volt booster?

Which volt booster?

That info lifted from Racetronix is for gas. I was told 900 fwhp - 30% for E85. So the pump should support around 650 fwhp on E85. Maybe a little more with a volt booster?

In the post you made in the E85 section, there is a guy who claims to be running quite a bit of power through a 430lph. If he can do it, I'm not sure why I could only make 650 at the crank with a larger pump. I understand he is running lower boost levels than I am, and all i can really say is if it doesnt work, I'll put in a pump that does. I'll call them tomorrow and get a solid answer.

I'm curious as well. I think with enough voltage to the pump that it could support a 9 sec run. I hope.

Racetronix recommends a MSD or a Kenne Bell volt booster to use with their harness. Could be as much as a 20% increase in fuel.

Wonder if a Caspers booster would be as effective.

I would only use an external trying to go that fast with e85! I'm sure there's many people out there that will/would disagree with me and I'm sure there's some people who have done it, but you can only get so much out of an in-tank pump with a hotwire. I have a TA aluminum stroker and I'm using a Weldon 2035 with their controller and 180's. I would rather have a little to much pump and injector then not enough.... Also, I'm tired of buying parts twice.... Wasting to much $$$..... Good luck with it!

I would only use an external trying to go that fast with e85! I'm sure there's many people out there that will/would disagree with me and I'm sure there's some people who have done it, but you can only get so much out of an in-tank pump with a hotwire. I have a TA aluminum stroker and I'm using a Weldon 2035 with their controller and 180's. I would rather have a little to much pump and injector then not enough.... Also, I'm tired of buying parts twice.... Wasting to much $$$..... Good luck with it!

My car may be capable of going low-mid 9s, but I'm happy with a 9.99ET at the
I'm curious as well. I think with enough voltage to the pump that it could support a 9 sec run. I hope.

Racetronix recommends a MSD or a Kenne Bell volt booster to use with their harness. Could be as much as a 20% increase in fuel.

Wonder if a Caspers booster would be as effective.

450lph will not be large enough with any type of voltage booster. Just got confirmation from Mike at Full Throttle. I'm going to post mine for sale and start day drinking to escape the fact that I need to spend $700 on a fuel pump.

Lol.

You could just run C16 at the track to get the 9.99 sec run.

Does he recommend a double pumper or external pump for the E85?

Lol.

You could just run C16 at the track to get the 9.99 sec run.

Does he recommend a double pumper or external pump for the E85?
Mike (who is very helpful BTW) recommended the big double pumper. It's $799. Then there is an accessory package that contains all the stuff to install it and some fancy add ons for another $300.

I like your thought process. Did you use the factory fuel tank or an aftermarket cell?

My car may be capable of going low-mid 9s, but I'm happy with a 9.99ET at the

450lph will not be large enough with any type of voltage booster. Just got confirmation from Mike at Full Throttle. I'm going to post mine for sale and start day drinking to escape the fact that I need to spend $700 on a fuel pump.
I do a lot of drinking because of these cars..:hungover:

In no way am i trying to be a jerk, but why would you list a 70mm Throttle body with all the other go fast parts?

And that frustration has lead many people to leave the public message board. Good luck with your big throttle body.

And that frustration has lead many people to leave the public message board. Good luck with your big throttle body.

If you have an off topic question, feel fee to send me a message so we can keep this thread on topic :)

Back