You can type here any text you want

rear disc conversion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
will this kit from summit work on a drum to disc swap?

SUM-BK1322

That is more of a universal kit. stainless steel brakes makes a nice kit but it is pricy. You could make that kit work if you wanted to.good luck

here is the link: Summit SUM-BK1322 - Summit® Rear Drum-to-Disc Brake Conversion Kits - summitracing.com

those are designed for a 4-bolt housing end, and staggered shocks. us G-body owners are plagued with GM's "metric" housing end, put into use for no other reason but to save money during production. this design uses 3 bolt holes, so in order to use that kit, you would have to drill 2 new holes in the housing end, and possibly deal with shock clearance issues (as a matter of fact, aerospace makes the only kit that doesn't cause shock interference.)

so it will not be straightforward, if it is possible at all.

yup thats me

hey the summit book has another number for a rear kit with non-staggerd shock #1323

i just don't like screwen with drums and i am about to put c-clip elims and axles in so i thought y not put discs on rear at same time..

what side of town u on? i am at hecksher area

Back