You can type here any text you want

Rear discs and factory combo valve ???'s

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

disco stu

I am putting rear discs on the car and was wondering how to remove the preset residual pressure valve and limiter in the combination valve for rear drums.

hey--i have the wilwood stuff to put on the back of my car. i took the drum set off this car and peice together to get that stuff we talked about on my kids car. so with installing the dics on my car. i read you just tee into the brake lines and by pass the valve altogether or i have read about taking the guts out of the valve. eather way i think you need to get an aftermarket(wilwood?) proporsioning valve for the rear brakes. i would like to know more about this. i wont finsh mine till after the first of the year.

By pass the POS factory valve all together. Its the best thing i did to my car. I T'd off the fronts and straight to the rear with an adjustable valve. I have aerospace rear disks on mine with factory fronts.

So you are running front and rear brakes off the primary circuit? :confused:

Ya got some pics maybe?

The Powermaster was hooked up just like factory. Front to fronts and backs to backs. I just eliminated the combo valve at the frame rail. I needed 2 metric adapters for the stock lines and a plain old brass T for the fronts.

Same thing for the back brakes with one port in the T plugged. This line has a SSbrakes adjustable prop-valve.

maybe this will help: :)

Attachments

• MVC-452S.JPG
    MVC-452S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 110
disco stu said:

Without knowing what the matching M/C (or application) is, it'd only be guessing that you'd get what you want.

Contrary to what he says, the *metering* valve is on the rear brakes.

The metering block in disc/drum is slightly delay the pressure to the rear brakes, in a drum application the drums have a self energizing effect, and if they were feed *straight pressure* they'd lock up first, which is very unstable. That's also part of the reason for 1/4" line to the rears, it allows for a slight cushioning of the rear brake application.

"I see" said the blind man.

Thanks, learn something new everyday. Well, here a least.

Back