You can type here any text you want

Rear disk and 15s?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Adam Connell

Monster Truckin since 87'
Would the C5 rear disk setup fit under 15s? Is there any disk brake conversion that will fit under 15s for the rears? Im getting ready to upgrade my brakes on all 4 corners to disk(the rears to disk), but I do not want to get rid of my new wheels and tires.

I do a lot of "playing" and I need to be able to stop. The car really does not stop well even with a fresh set of brakes on the stock setup.

i think the LS1 (98 -02) F body rear discs will clear most 15" rims, but don't quote me on that.
94-96 Caprices with the LT1 engine or police package had rear discs that look a lot like the F body but with a different wheel bolt pattern, and the 2000 or so S10 "Extreme" 2wd truck had a similar setup, as well. and i think the 4X4 blazer rear discs will work with the Extreme rotors.
in other words, hit the local boneyard and see what setups clear 15" wheels. and keep in mind that none of these setups will be a direct "bolt on" thanks to the f-ed up axle flange GM decided to use on the G bodies from 78-88. but it's easy to drill a couple of holes.

Back