You can type here any text you want

Rear disk brakes??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheeseburger

Car barely stopped with trap speeds of 134mph plus and i would have to use the whole track to do it..........i need rear disk brakes.

Looking into options and want to spend the least amount as possible to get the job done.

Currently on stands with one brake assembly apart because i wanted to hook up the parking brake, but that cannot be done with c clip eliminators.........at least not on my car!

There is nothing like pouring sweat and accomplishing nothing.

Also, i am not interested in changing my rims to accomadate new rotors.

I think Aerospace is probably my only option, is it?

TIA.

Spend on a front brake upgrade,Worth more stopping power than a set of rear discs
Oh and you welcome :D

Thanks for the reply Otto, i know the front does most of the stopping power.....but thought it would be nice to have 4 wheel disks.

Are you running drums in the rear?

Ya still rear drums, You think you have stopping problems, At BG i coasted down a bit from 146 and found myself 2 feet on hte pedal to stop it :eek:
I di the aerospace 4 piston front brake kit recently,But im not sure how well they would fair on a dialy driver,They are a single thin disc,But htey are stamped steel, Bot cast iron,And they are drilled.
Well see how they are

Cheeseburger said:
........i need rear disk brakes.
Looking into options and want to spend the least amount as possible to get the job done.
Also, i am not interested in changing my rims to accomadate new rotors.

It might not work, but the 02 Camaro rear brakes can be had on eBay for $250 (complete).
My car is mini-tubbed, and they're close. Putting the caliper on the rear side of the axle might help with getting some clearance.

http://www.t6p.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5806
Pg2 has some pics.
There's also some other threads in the library about G-Body brakes.

Cheese,
When I installed C clip elims i did not have to mess around with the E brake at all. I did have issues with the brakes working right after the install.13 PS on the foot brake was the norm. They worked like a charm before the the c clips. But after i had to modify the crossover :H: bracket they went to crap real fast. Lost TSM Reynolds 2003 because of them.

I got fed up and went with the Aerospace out back. No problems with fit. I have ran T wheels,GNXs and stcok GNs none touched. I removed the brake prop valve and added some rear bias and it works awesome. It will haul the car down real easy even with the stock fronts.

I did the Aerospace fronts and its a huge difference over the stockers.
And considering the braking bias is around 65/35 I would not do the rears before upgrading the stock fronts.

Thanks alot guys! :)

The people using the Aerospace brakes, did you buy them direct or from a vender?
Are they a direct bolt on for the front?
I also like the idea of taking rotating weight out of the car.

also, are the many guys running aerospace front brakes (thin single disc with the four piston caliper) on the street. i would really like to do this upgrade mainly for wieght and rolling resistance, but am afraid of warping them too quick.

Back