You can type here any text you want

Rear-end Fluid for TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1987 GN

Can I use the same kind of rear-end fluid in my TTA that is used in my Grand National? I just want to make sure that I don't need any special additives in addition to the GN requirements. I did a search on the site but I did not see any specifics on the kind used. My mechanic uses the lube that has the power 6 symbol on it, I think it comes from ATR??? I just want to make sure it should be the same fluid in the TTA as the turbo regals since mine is the only TTA he works on neither of us know from past experiences. Thanks.

I use the AC Delco rear end lube with the AC Delco posi additive. Original GM stuff. Will take a little over two pints and the lube.

I've heard others use the Mobil 1 straight and no problems, me I use the original GM stuff.

I can't imagine any difference in lubrication requirements between the GN and TTA :)

Originally posted by lburou
I can't imagine any difference in lubrication requirements between the GN and TTA :)

All TTA's were Posi..not all GN's were. And dont know if the posi unit itself has a different requirement(clutches). I have heard on many occassions where the wrong fluid was used in the rear end would start chattering. I'm sold on the OEM stuff..you pay a little more..

You're right about that Razor....the difference is that the posi additive reduces the chattering. Non-posi wouldn't need that additive, other than that, I still can not imagine any difference in lube requirements. :)

I always used Mobil 1 gear oil and a POSI addative in both my 95 TA and my TTA. Not a problem for me to date.

Brent

Originally posted by turboscott
Your first mistake was buying a TTA to begin with.

Originally posted by turboscott
That is about the only thing TTA owners can do quickly!

I have picked around this board for some time. I have to say that those 2 statements are the most negative and blatantly one sided that I have ever read.

Not in the spirit of the board in my opinion. What I find most difficult is the fact that as a TTA owner I still love the "first to the plate" Buick bodied turbo 6's. I don't see them as a platform from which my car is an improvement, I see them as the same.

Never having been one to EVER participate in a flame war I still find myself compelled to say:

Sell your damn car to someone with a brain and join the rest of your Mustang brethren. As for what we can do quickly, I would be willing to bet we could quickly assist in a rectal insertion of your head in your ass.

I'm out of this thread.

Brent

Back