You can type here any text you want

Rear end info

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

junkin

How a 1984 posi that I bought seperatly that does not have any yoke bolts or straps. What size is the bolts/threads and were there straps used or caps used. Also the posi spring must be week because you can turn one axle easy with about a 16" bar between the axle studs while holding the other. Should I do more than replace the spring.

How a 1984 posi that I bought seperatly that does not have any yoke bolts or straps. What size is the bolts/threads and were there straps used or caps used. Also the posi spring must be week because you can turn one axle easy with about a 16" bar between the axle studs while holding the other. Should I do more than replace the spring.

i might have some bolts and 2 straps if u need them but i would have to look.

i would think the yoke straps would be the same on all G bodies, so they should be easy to find. i think they sell them new in the "Help!" section of your favorite auto parts store..
as for the posi, it can be rebuilt to tighter than new with new clutches from GM.

Strap bolts

I bouhgt new straps and bolts, the new ones are fine threads (5/16 x 24)and the yoke looks to be standard threads.

Back