You can type here any text you want

Rear End?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

278cikiller

What are most guys running in there satge II cars for a rear end and gears thanks .

I have one with a 9in ford and one with a stock 8 1/2 ,If you are building a rear from scratch i would go with a 9in.

Here is what is going in mine. I had a plain old 9" in there with Strange 31 spline axles and I broke one. So I'm stepping it up a bit and putting 40 spline stuff in there.

Scott

Attachments

• DSC01157-1.jpg
    DSC01157-1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 408
Rear End

Here is what is going in mine. I had a plain old 9" in there with Strange 31 spline axles and I broke one. So I'm stepping it up a bit and putting 40 spline stuff in there.

Scott

Scott that looks killer! Iam running 390 gears in mine for the frist time.Any one eles running 390?

I have 390's in the GN with a set up very close to yours use to go through the traps at 7300rpm.(30in tire).

Rear End

Scott! The Cam in my set up is only good for 6200 rpm. What was your ets on yor set up thanks?

Scott that looks killer! Iam running 390 gears in mine for the frist time.Any one eles running 390?

I had 3.90 w/28" tire and going through the traps over 7K. Going to a 31" tire and keeping the gears for now.
Allan G.

Rear End

I have the 33 spline in mine! Scott what boost were you running on that et. Iam also running a 28" tire with 200r4 tranny.

Alan what cam was in your motor?

It's a stage 2 head so the power band is going to be higher then a conventional head. My cam is just over .609 lift with a 242 dur @ .050. Its a solid roller cam with comp's extream street profile lobes.
Allan G.

Cam

Thats way diffrent than mine.Iam running a roller 212/206 cam! lift on intake is 482 and on exhaust is 467 thats what the cam card said i hope thats right that iam reading.

Moser 12 bolt w/33 spline axles. 4.10 gears. I may try 3.73s in the future. Depends on how well I get my launch worked out. With the 4.10s, I'm crossing the finish line at 7550 rpm in the 1/4. A little higher than I'd like.

Back