Rear seat belt pics, etc

Tdishon

I'm putting the rear seat and seat belts back in and need a reference pic if possible of the bottom rear seat out, but the top seat in. The top seat has two flat steel straps. Do they mount under the seat belt retractors? Also want to make sure I'm mounting the seat belt retractors in correctly.
Thanks guys

I'm putting the rear seat and seat belts back in and need a reference pic if possible of the bottom rear seat out, but the top seat in. The top seat has two flat steel straps. Do they mount under the seat belt retractors? Also want to make sure I'm mounting the seat belt retractors in correctly.
Thanks guys

Yes - they do.

Good. That helps.
Do the retractors bolt-in level or is each one cocked a little? I just don't remember.

Good. That helps.
Do the retractors bolt-in level or is each one cocked a little? I just don't remember.

This is a family site so I prefer you not use that language :D - however..I just took some out yesterday and I'll be darned if I recall the orientation..something wants to tell me straight - as in level...but I could be mistaken

You'll be able to see how they go when you're in there.

Snagged a really clean set of all Black T-style rear seats at the boneyard yesterday out of a 79 Cutlass Supreme that has been "urbanized'.
But 20 bucks - I couldn't beat it.
Super clean.
Torx bit and the long bar came out.
I kinda chuckle to myself when that stuff is still there - since the regular Joes doen't carry the torx bit reqd.
I've been looking to go all black interior on a car.
1/2 way there.
You don't see black all that often.

Snagged a really clean set of all Black T-style rear seats at the boneyard yesterday out of a 79 Cutlass Supreme that has been "urbanized'.
But 20 bucks - I couldn't beat it.
Super clean.
Torx bit and the long bar came out.
I kinda chuckle to myself when that stuff is still there - since the regular Joes doen't carry the torx bit reqd.
I've been looking to go all black interior on a car.
1/2 way there.
You don't see black all that often.

Check ur PM's sir!!

Thanks guys

The seat belt retractors have a seal under them...like some kind of tar or glue. I believe the top back seats straps go last.

Anyone have a pic?
If you'll tell me how to get the seat out, I'll post pics for you. I lifted the back of the bottom seat up, but the front didn't budge. Don't want to mess anything up. I'm in the garage now.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

There are two hooks on the floor pan for the front of the seat to attach too. Need to push down on the front of the seat, then push it towards the rear of the car. That frees the front of the seat from the hooks. It then just lifts out.

I do this by moving the front seats as far forward as possible. Then kneel on the front edge of the rear seat where the hook is. Then push back on the seat and lift up.

I thought I had pictures but can't find them. IIRC, the hooks are about 1/4 of the way in from the outside area of the interior. I kneel directly over the hook.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Pics below. The retractors seem to go on last....canted to one side.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1386091717.250884.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1386091731.216167.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1386091745.848822.jpg

Glad I could help. Thanks to remove before flight for the tip on getting the seat out. Same basic idea as my wife's old bonneville ssei rear seat, only the battery was under that seat.