Rear seat shoulder seat belts

TurboSkunk15

I'm looking to add a shoulder belt to my 87. The wife wants the kids to have a shoulder belt. Has anyone ever did this ? Any info would be greatly appreciated thnx..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sub'd. Mine are both in car seats now but down the road we'll have to cross this path. Not sure there is a strong anchor point in the back for the top.

Do any other g-body cars have rear shoulder belts?

Let me know when you do this, if anything varies, and how much the belts run you. Thanks

I wonder if an extra pair of front belts can be made to do this. mount the retractor vertically behind the seat, just like stock, mount it up just like in that write up. You'd have to defeat the release that goes in the door jamb. I got an extra pair of GN front belts, maybe this is on my to do list. My kids and wife would thank me.

Lmk if you attempt it , Prob going to get to this in the spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is in my plans for my little ones too but probably not till next fall/winter. I saw the Monte thread a long time ago but I'm quite surprised that more info isn't available for a Buick install. Good luck with the install.

Here is a complete system, you cut the package tray and bolt or spot weld in. Retractors on both top and bottom, looks completely factory when done.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1423320187.983614.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1423320215.251101.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1423320238.803793.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1423320255.646206.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1423320303.693444.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I got these about 15 years ago, was going to put in for my kids safety but quit driving the car. I'm considering putting in a roll bar / cage in my car now so I'm not going to use them. I don't remember what they came out of but it took a long time to find them.