You can type here any text you want

rear suspension bushings..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

rear control/trailing arm bushings... is it hard to install new ones? Tell me your guys experiences.. I heard they can be quite a bitch...

Rear Diff. Bushings

Turbo6Smackdown said:
rear control/trailing arm bushings... is it hard to install new ones? Tell me your guys experiences.. I heard they can be quite a bitch...

HRPartsNStuff sells a tool (#0599 $89.00) that will remove/install the bushings
in the differential housing. The rest of the bushings can be done on the bench
with the control arms removed. Hope you're not dealing with a lot of rust, that can make for a tough day.
HTH
Mike.

Depending on how old they are removing the old ones can be easy or hard, usually hard. One of those C-clamp ball joint presses comes in handy but remember to put blocks inside the arm or you will crush the arm. Some of mine I had to drill the rubber in the old bushing and removeit in parts so the shell would come out.

Torch

Put the control arm in a vice and heat up the bushing until it melts a little and you can push it out. Then use and air chisle and pop out the metal part

ahh i see. sweet. hey, how did you post a post yesterday, when the boards server was down all day?

Back