Rear Suspension Opinions

CanVan87GN

I have been searching the board for information and opinions on the best rear suspension for the street. My current set up is a recently rebuilt 3.42 posi, boxed control arms, stock sway bar, 2" bell tech lowering springs (2" drop spindles up front), poly bushings, and 265/50/15 BFG TA's on stock rims. I know posi is the biggest bonus by far. I am guessing airbags would be the next logical step or a bigger sway bar. Pinion Snubber seems out of the question because I have posi. What do the gurus on the forum think I should I do next? This is my daily driver and I think I am missing on some cheap add ons (like the air bags) to better my car. Cheers!

A pinion snubber will work fine with a posi, and it's pretty effective. Also, try taller tires, like 275 50s,,,, the 265s are a tad short.

Hey WarpSpeed. I guess it's such a cheap option that it couldn't hurt. I shoud have said that I do not have problems with traction but would always like to make it better. What about Airbags? Do you put more psi in one to offest the weight of the driver or is there another reason. I guess I should make a few passes at the track to see where or if I have a problem.

Right, plus use the air bags because the car torques to one side, and unloads one tire. You can use them to tune so the car launches straight too.

I was looking at my car in a parking lot (among other people) and I noticed that the car from the rear sags on the drivers side. The measurements on the drivers side are 25" to the fender lip and 26" on the passenger side. I am guessing a pair of Air bags are in order like WarpSpeed said about the car torquing too much to one side. If I "need" them, what are the psi's I should set them at? WarpSpeed. what do you think. I appreciate your input. Cheers!:)

Welp, for racing I like about 18- 20 in the Passenger side and 5 in the drivers. However, that won't level it, of course. I run 12-18 in both sides, and then adjust for level from there by letting a little air out of one or the other.
Then do a couple burnouts and see how straight it goes.
Also, replacing the body mounts(I used Poly) does alot to stabilizing the car, of course it is not particularly easy..