Rebuild Kits - Art Carr

PaulRV6

Is there still an Art Carr company? Do they sell complete rebuild kits for the 200r4? Are they any good?

Is there anyone who has the transmission portion from the GM service manual on CD or a place to download from? I need it for a rebuild. Thanks

paul

1) Art Carr of texsas is still around, but I would not buy a rebuild kit from them. They use the extra clutchpack kit for the direct and that is not the way to go. I have around 10,000 miles of driving and the directs were burnt to black.

Get in touch with either CK performance or PTS. They know what makes them live. Or you can go to a local AAmoco if you want an see if they can get a standard rebuild kit (if your not running anything fancy with the engine).

2) I have an ATRA rebuild book that only deals with the 2004R. I will let you borrow it if you want. Email me if you need it.

78oldscutlass, do you mean an ATSG manual? if so I have one of those but thanks anyways.
Yea, I will get in touch with either CK or PTS, probably both to ask some ? before purchasing. Great.

paul

check out stage 1 r 2 kit on my site.includes all clutches ,steels,alto wide band,all bushings ,washers ,selective washers ,filter ,gaskets seals etc.very complete,great price.