You can type here any text you want

Rebuilding the motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Reaper"

Gone To The Dark Side
Going with custon pistons K1 rods and and gapless rings.Studing the bottom end and new ARP head bolts and larger valves.Persion 62 mm billet turbo.

My question is I am wanting to go with the Comp 212 roller cam is there going to be a clerance problems I am useing adjustable pushrod and stock heads?Like stated above going with larger valves.

Thanks
Shaun

Just have to cut the guides down for retainer to guide clearance. Standard procedure for most when doing a valve job. I'd measure and get the correct length pushrod instead of adjustables.

Pic of the guides cut.

Attachments

• 100_0087.jpg
    100_0087.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 356
I would re-think about using those rings. Although they sound good, they don't work well in these motors.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

stock with larger valves..Not trying to be the fastest just want good power and reliable it is a daily driver.

kinda hard to take full advantage of that cam without a good set of ported heads....

stock with larger valves..Not trying to be the fastest just want good power and reliable it is a daily driver.

kinda hard to take full advantage of that cam without a good set of ported heads....

I was going to reply to that also but seen the larger valve statement and ASSumed the heads were going to be ported.

If you are not porting your heads, go with 206 cam. I strongly suggest going to a roller cam.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Yes I am going roller and what is the difference between the two cams? The 206 vs the 212 I am wanting to go with the one from comp.I have a 2700 lock up stall converter.....

The rings I am want to use are the total seal rings.Has anyone used them and do they work well.I have never built a turbo motor before just want to do things right the first time......The machinist that is doing my motor said he uses them in all his motor that is going to have some sort of power adder.

I have the Total Seal top gapless rings in my motor...which now has about 150+ 1/4 mile runs in the mid 10's and around 3000 street miles...zero problems with them...still have good leakdown numbers...don't think I'd use those rings in a primarily street driven car though...

I would re-think about using those rings. Although they sound good, they don't work well in these motors.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Why do they not work well?What is it about them that does not make them work well?I am just trying to get a better understanding of these motors.I know a lot of yall have been down the road of trial and error and do not want to go down that path.BUT what is the diff.in file fit and the gap less ones other than the gap less have no blow by.

I called total seal and talked to a tech and he insure me that they have them in thousands of every day street car and Hot Rods with no problems.BUT I do know that our GN motors are nothing like every day motors.I just do not want to do something I am going hate down the road.

Back