You can type here any text you want

recent member. 1984 buick grand national 355sbc

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

guci

hey guys i just posted in the introduction new member section. Now I am posting some pictures i have of it!! I will get some engine bay pictures soon. Feel free to roast me about putting a sbc in superior turbo6 car and also feel free to leave any comments or questions! This is my project build and restoration still far to go!

::::EDIT :::::

JUST ADDED : heres a link to a video with sound and engine bay. camera phone sound is horrible and does not do it justice. Thanks for watching
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=600600183285075&l=4121442069296446183

Attachments

• IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 170
no replies at all? this forum is pretty live... sarcastic of course...

Looks like a nice car just put a 200 hundred shot of spray on it and ya mite feel what our stock v6 feels like!

hahaha actually its soon to be running 11's so "200 shot" of nitrous is not needed to feel the "stock v6" tbone from a racoon lol

Ha ha just giving a reply maybe I can run 11's someday but i'll just have to get me a stock motor first!

O ya lol sometimes it would be a lot easier and a he'll of a lot cheaper to to go that route!

hahaha tbone i understand... im getting some replies now great! I will put some motor pics on here soon.

click that link for the video ^^^^ the camera phone sound definitely does not do it justice.

hey guys i just posted in the introduction new member section. Now I am posting some pictures i have of it!! I will get some engine bay pictures soon. Feel free to roast me about putting a sbc in superior turbo6 car and also feel free to leave any comments or questions! ............

I am not a fan of SBC's in a GN, but the '84-5's are such a PIA to work on and get decent replacement parts, I am glad to see someone do this to enjoy the car! :)

Right now there is a 1985 GN and a 1984 T-Type here which belong to customers. These are a nightmare compared to the intercooled cars, and I have the scars to prove it after an engine change on one of these cars. :(

A 1984 is being delivered to me this week which I just purchased, and the SBC conversion is tempting, but after 25 years I no longer have the inclination or memory to work on a carbed engine?

Car really sounds great, have lots of fun with it! :D

I am not a fan of SBC's in a GN, but the '84-5's are such a PIA to work on and get decent replacement parts, I am glad to see someone do this to enjoy the car! :)

Right now there is a 1985 GN and a 1984 T-Type here which belong to customers. These are a nightmare compared to the intercooled cars, and I have the scars to prove it after an engine change on one of these cars. :(

A 1984 is being delivered to me this week which I just purchased, and the SBC conversion is tempting, but after 25 years I no longer have the inclination or memory to work on a carbed engine?

Car really sounds great, have lots of fun with it! :D

Thanks Nick yea they are a PIA even the seats for that year are near impossible to find. It's called like the Gary Ziegler edition or something? I love the grand national I've owned several muscle cars as a young kid but this car tops them all. My boss's good friend owns Tony's garage here and they specialize in nothing but Chevys and muscle cars and Tony Has been working on them Plus 50 years.

Nice find on the 1984! Hope that project works well and if the factory6 turbo is damaged a sbc route is definitely an option! Fully built roller slap it right in lol

Nice picture with the wheelie its awesome I just noticed it!! ::bows::

Back