You can type here any text you want

Recipe for 11's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BENZ87GN

First off I want to thank the members who answered my first post on this forum. You are all very knowledgeable on this car. As I stated, my GN is a "virgin" only having 39k. My other projects are done and its time to dust off the car and begin playing. Having stated the car is bone stock, what advice could you give to getting the car into the mid to low 11's. I plan on keeping the GM ecm and was hoping to accomplish this goal with bolt ons.
Could you give me a recipe for accomplishing this and point me in the right direction. I have built tons of SBC cars but am " green "on this make.
My goals are to have a hot street GN that will see track duty maybe twice a year.
Thanks for your expert knowledge

See the combo in my sig. Ran mid-11s with 100 octane unleaded and no alky. Probably could have gone low-11s if I had run C16 that would have allowed more boost and timing. Tinman has run high-10s with almost the exact same combo. Very streetable, fun to drive setup. In today's world, 100-octane unleaded would probably be replaced by 93-octane plus alky.

If you are new to these cars, don't try to make all of the changes in one shot. I bought my car with about 30k miles in stock condition in 2000. I wasn't running this combo and clicking off 11's consistently until about 2003 or 2004. Each major component (like the turbo, intercooler, injectors, etc) was installed individually and the tune made right before I installed the next one.

Good luck, and welcome to the dark side...

Back