Recommend CD head unit and speakers

Well, I got my latest head unit from circuit city. Its an alpine cdm-7874. That one went in the van.
Has bbe processing, high power, dual pre outs, alpine's bass engine eq, and some other stuff. Costs right about 199.00.
As for speakers, I would look for something by Infinity, rockford fosgate, Polk, or boston Acoustics, but those are my preferences.

As I will tell anyone looking to buy an aftermarket head unit.. figure out what you want from your system. Then buy what you need according to a plan. i.e., if you are going to want to add an amp, pre outs are good to have, while if you are getting amps, the deck's power output is not a big deal. The head is the master link in any system. The best speakers will sound like crap if the head unit is junk.

if you have a pc with a CDR/ CDRW, get a head unit that plays MP3s , you can put about 8 to 9 music to 1 mp3 cd

I just ordered the Pioneer DIN and a half P77DH from etronics.com for $208. I've seen it for as much as $299 in some cases. Thought that would help. Plus you can get the wiring harness for $10 at Circuit City.

I just ordered the Alpine 7874 that has a Mosfet50 amp. It had a very high sig to noise ratio (105db). I went to the store to listen to it and it was very clean and powerful. even at low volumes. I paid $180 shipped.