Red GN, any legitimacy?

ez at nova

I hate rice
I saw a red TR in New York, near Fishkill last week, and did a 180 to grab some pictures. I know the Molly prototype was red, but I didn't know if there was only 1 or 2 made, in which case this one couldn't be for real, or whether this might be a rare car. The wheels were odd...sort of like the '86 wheels, but with more "spokes", all the trim was black.

Molly's red Street Regal got painted black by GM before touring the auto show circuit. The other '83 Red GN with the areo-nose probaly never saw public streets, as it's fascia was made from clay.

Most concept cars are not street legal, nor can they be sold to the public. Many get crushed. :(

Saw one in MD...

I've seen a red GN in Maryland before. It was being driven by two girls. It clearly had Grand National markings and as far as I could see.. interior. This car came off an exit and almost immediately took another exit... so I didnt' sit next to it long. Girls weren't too bad looking either.. :)

Sounds like a TR that someone had painted red....I've seen a red GN before. Actually looked pretty cool. I wonder how much painting them red drops the value?

I saw johns car at Bradenton, and it looked pretty good.

Do you still have the Red GS with the same paint job?

Red GNs were never produced for the public. Whether one (or more) were made as prototypes one may never know (other than Molly's prototype). It's rumored here in the Detroit area that 1-2 ORIGINAL white GNs were made for the Buick big-wigs as in Buick's CEO and president.

I'll try to find out since I now have Mark L. Reuss' email address who's the current GM Performance Division CEO and who's father was CEO of Buick during the GN production. :)