You can type here any text you want

red rockers ID

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86GN-862+2

Just hoping one of you guys might know what these are... The shaft rockers in the GN are red in color. I'm just wondering if anyone can ID them. I took the oil fill neck off and saw them without removing valve cover. I would think shaft rockers are just plain metal color.:confused: Any input? Thanx to all who want to give this a shot.

:biggrin: prolly, but why?:confused:

100_0398-1.jpg

100_0396-1.jpg

your guess is as good as mine, some people are just weird:D
maybe at one time they were on a red engine, and somebody just painted the crap out of the whole thing while assembled...? or maybe from a junk yard and thats how they marked them? those injectors look weird:p

aaahh:rolleyes: . Well the injectors are Bosch 36lbs with plastic bodies. They work pretty ok. Hope I don't melt them or something:tongue:

May want to get rid of those mechanical gauges. Looks like the dice has been rolled long enough with the oil pressure gauge. If the pluming ever fails inside the car, that’s some kind of mess.

I just can't feel complete with out saying.........Wash That Thing. :biggrin:

Point taken. Out here in W. Texas cars get dirty within hours. I live out in the country and the car sleeps under a carport. Going to close it up soon this year though. I'm just thankfull the rats have not made it their home yet.:p :eek:

They sure don't look stock to me, rollers. I have TA Performance rollers on mine,that are red w/ta logo etched on them. But the spacers between clyinders is GOLD.

Oops, Now I know why I'm getting new glasses...I need them. I stand corrected. I put the $10 reading glasses on and the nylon buttons jumped up.

in import land, spray painted rockers are good for another 50hp. there now iron oxide coated for maximum oil resistance and performance.

all you need to do now is add a neon light under the valvecover and you would be unstoppable.

I seen it in a movie! has to work!

:rolleyes: A.j.

in import land, spray painted rockers are good for another 50hp. there now iron oxide coated for maximum oil resistance and performance.

all you need to do now is add a neon light under the valvecover and you would be unstoppable.

I seen it in a movie! has to work!

:rolleyes: A.j.

you are WRONG!!!! red paint is only proven good for 43 fwhp!,,,,,50 ssshhhh, not on a good day. I dont know what movie you watched, but I just saw the fast and furious 4, I know my $hit now!:mad:

:D

Red Rocker's ID?

Look guys!
Can we PLEASE get back to the thread at hand.

The Red Rocker's ID is Sammy Hagar.

Hope this helps;) .

Back