You can type here any text you want

Redoing trunk setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gnblackdemon

Don't Be Redikulas!!
Currently I have my shelf closed off with my amps mounted on the wood, and then my vegas in a box just sitting in the middle of the trunk. I cut my box in half the other day, cause I had an idea, but it didn't turn out too well. So, I 've seen so many pictures of various buick trunks and all of them show the subs mounted in a box on the shelf. So I've decided to do it that way, just my problem is my subs require 2.0 or more cubic feet per speaker. I am, hopefully, gonna keep the spare where it is or lay it in the trunk and build a false floor over it where my amps would be mounted then another floor over them for possibly plexiglass windows, all of which would be able to raise to get to spare. My box will go on the shelf, but will not come out flush, the back borad will start after the 6x9's magnet and is 12.5" high by 44" long, and the top and bottom of box will come out 17" which will almost hit the spare if left in original position. My measurements have the box being around 2.5 cuft/sub outside, and a little over 2 cuft/sub inside. Subs will face the back of trunk. How does this sound? Do you think it will look right with box coming out farther than most? I've gone over soo many ideas in my head, and this one seems to be the one to go with, unless I puchase subs that use a smaller enclosure which I really don't wanna do.

How something will look is always an opinion answer.

In my opinion, the less intrusive an install is, the better. The less trunk space a stereo takes up the better. I'd try to keep your sub box completely on the shelf. To do this you will have to get different woofers...an option would be to build a box that would fit where you want it, how you want it, drop your woofers in and see how it sounds.

A manufacturers size recommendation is just that, a recommendation...one thing most companys never do is actual in car testing (some do, but few). The bottom line is, their recommendations mean little because once the woofer is placed in a car, everything changes. It's now a woofer in a box, IN ANOTHER BOX (your car).

I'd say, build it how you want it, try it, if it works, great...if not find a woofer that will work in the box you built.

Back