reds chips

JASON

THE ORIGANL FREAKZILLA
how much timing does red put on his 107 chips? i got one a few weeks ago and i forgot what it is . thanks

Originally posted by JASON
how much timing does red put on his 107 chips? i got one a few weeks ago and i forgot what it is . thanks

How about calling quad air and asking Red himself???

I was on the phone withg Red himself yesterday talking chips..

He told me his 107R has 3* less timing than the 108Rs which is 26*.. He went on to tell me that with all his race chips he pulls timing back (around 3*) as the car approaches 75 MPH or so.. So while 23 or 24* is the maximum timing in the 107R it isn't all the way through a full 1/4 mile pass in his chips.. I think the decrease in timing once the car approaches the higher speeds is to maintain the ability to run a high boost setting with the car under severe load (which they are) in the top half of a pass...

Originally posted by Schlodes
I think the decrease in timing once the car approaches the higher speeds is to maintain the ability to run a high boost setting with the car under severe load (which they are) in the top half of a pass...

Yup, on Direct Scan you can clearly see his 108 chip pull 2 degrees of timing right at Torque Converter lock-up.