Red's Volt Booster and SMC Alky

joed

Here is a little item I've found that may be helpful. Using Red's VB, it jumps the system voltage up a couple volts when it senses boost at 10 psi to optimize electrical performance (mainly fuel and ignition) under heavy load conditions. Since my car likes the SMC (100% meth) alky to come on at 10 psi, with the VB, the fuel pressure also goes up incrementally as the alky comes on since we all know how sensitive these pumps are to voltage. Man I was pouring the fuel/alky in. A friend was acting as a starter when my club rented the track and said he swore he saw fuel pouring out my exhaust on the first part of the track! With some tuning and help from the masters here, it was suggested by Eric (TT) that I try disabling my VB. Now I have not been back to the track yet since disabling it, but cranking the FP back up to normal ranges (42) and alky pump speed to compensate for the lost 2V makes the whole fuel process much more linear and reduces the rich bog issue that we suffer a bit with on the setpoint style alky kit. No numbers yet..but...
Seat of the pants...this absolutely rules! Man it seems to help spool ALOT. I'll post back when I know more real data. Just wanted to bring it up to some others that may be running this combo. Now I need to install that killer FP hotwire kit I got from Racetronix last year that's sitting under my workbench:D