You can type here any text you want

Refresh my memory, all ttas had the white bird between the taillights??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I would think it was folks converting GTA's :confused: The TTA's came with a white bird with gold trim on the back.

maybe they couldn't find a white one... so they just used a black/gold gta one to match.

only tta cars came with the white one.

tail lamp panel

.. tail panel looks in good nic though.. doesn't look dimpled etc.

flyc2a's TTA was a prestine low mile car (< 15k miles), when he bought it and it had the GTA emblem in the filler. Wonder if they ran out like the TURBO fender emblems and it was just on a small amount of end production cars and they said fugget.

It took 2 months to get the TURBO emblems from the dealer via PAS

One of the TTA's in Sweden also had the gold GTA bird on the filler ... I guess they ran out of the white TTA bird emblemfor the filler and used what they had at the time on a few of them...

all I have seen look like this...

Attachments

• DSCN2425.jpg
    DSCN2425.jpg
    449.6 KB · Views: 123
The white one was supposed to be a TTA only emblem, but I heard through a local dealership that they didn't have that many available. So it could be they used what they had. My buddy tried to order one through a friends dealership and it was back ordered for a very long time when he tried and that was in 1992-1993 area

I'm sure they started focusing on the newer tailights around the time the TTA was being produced.

Our TTA does NOT have the white bird either. Of course, it is also missing the emblem on the map pocket. The build number is 1481. I have always wondered if GM started to run out of these items, or if a previous owner removed them for some reason.

Pic of our TTA

brn agn said:
Our TTA does NOT have the white bird either. Of course, it is also missing the emblem on the map pocket. The build number is 1481. I have always wondered if GM started to run out of these items, or if a previous owner removed them for some reason.

Pic of our TTA

Map pocket emblem fell off, if you purchase a TTA hat lapel pin its the same :biggrin:
BW

brn agn said:

Pic of our TTA

brn agn,
My Cloth Hardtop car is 1456, and it too was missing the map pocket emblem when new. I did pickup a NOS emblem years ago on eBay and put it on the Map Pocket last winter. However the rear tail light section bird is the correct white one.

- Dave

white is the correct "bird" :eek: the fender emblem's were the only thing that were backordered . I got mine a month later . I had also bought new ones that came in before I got mine from the dealer I got mine from :rolleyes:

Anything is possible.
Usually, when a car goes in for service or some kind of problem, a lowpay employee looks up the part number, orders it, and either it gets installed by the owner, or the dealer service tech.
I do know that there were lots of reported stealing going on when these cars were built, and after they were delivered.
I could see something getting ordered by the dealership by people who did not know the difference.
My car new, was delivered to the dealer without one Indy emblem. A new one was ordered, and I installed it. I didn't want someone driving my car out in the back shop, or to the back shop.
Going to various auto shows, I always see that people have removed all kind of things, like emblems, off the car, just while the car is on display. It is also possible that something like that could have happened to the 20th map pocket emblem.
Only documentation I have ever seen, is just the Turbo Trans Am emblems missing.

My take,

George :cool:

Back